Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   POTCO Quests (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   The Most Horrible Quest in POTCO (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25233)

mujie 06-11-2011 09:50 PM

The Most Horrible Quest in POTCO

Poker. And I have to win 400 gold for Billy Mckidd in poker and blackjack. Blackjack was easy, but I'm sure I've gotten way over 400 now for poker, but if I continue, I'm going to lose all my gold by tomorrow. Please, is there any strategies for this quest? Or can't I just give him 400 gold?

Dog Gunmorgan 06-11-2011 10:07 PM

get a good hand.. and boost up the pot until the NPC's fold.. that's how I always did those quests..

mujie 06-11-2011 10:41 PM

Only I've tried, but if I lose the next time, I have to start all over again. If I become bankrupt on POTCO, they owe me compensation.

Captain Del 06-11-2011 10:49 PM

Better yet, find a quiet server, and find a friend. Sit down at the poker table, and you and your friend might get lucky, and have the other NPCs fold by raising (works best at low level taverns.)

When only you and your friend remain, raise until 800 gold is in the pot. Have your friend fold, and it will count as you winning 400 coins.

Happy pirating! :buds:

Crestshot 06-12-2011 12:08 AM

Or you could just make it so you don't have quite as much money to lose. Put the quest on hold for a few days, prevent yourself from buying things, and go raise some money instead.

mujie 06-12-2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Del (Post 331022)
Better yet, find a quiet server, and find a friend. Sit down at the poker table, and you and your friend might get lucky, and have the other NPCs fold by raising (works best at low level taverns.)

When only you and your friend remain, raise until 800 gold is in the pot. Have your friend fold, and it will count as you winning 400 coins.

Happy pirating! :buds:

Can it go into the minuses?

We raised to 1600, but I'm stuck on 377 out of 400.

Dark_Pixie 06-12-2011 07:03 PM

If you're good at poker, you could always go to Padres. The bets are high there.

finn 06-12-2011 08:51 PM

i think u have a glitch i get however much is in the pot added to what i have so if i win 400 and lose 200 i still get 400 so idk

mujie 06-12-2011 11:35 PM

Actually, funny story. It seemed that when I thought I had beaten the blackjack quest when I had actually only gotten 377. I did think it unusual.

The Skirata Clan 06-12-2011 11:52 PM

I really like the card quests. You just need to know how to play the game.

ruisen2000 06-13-2011 06:36 AM

The most horrible and annoying quest is the Black Pearl Story Quest, where you get to Gunner and getting him rum.

First he tells you to sink like 20 Navy Colossus to get rum
Then he tells you to sink 20 more...
Then 20 more..
Then he tells you to sink ~20 Navy Predators
then 20 more..
and so on.....

Why can't he just tell us to sink everything he needs when you first talk to him, to make life easier?

I think the Poker quests are fine. I just go to Padres, and keep pressing "bet" until I win 500 gold, often losing ~ 50k gold in the process, but I can make that back at DH in like 10 minutes.
A good stratgy for Poker (after losing a few hundred thousand) is to keep pressing "raise" for the first 2 matches (won't work if there are other players). The NPC's often fold the first 2 time after pressing a few raises. Then exit game, relog, and repeat process.

Captain C83 06-26-2011 11:54 PM

Oh man I HATE the Poker quests ><
Yeah, Gunner's annoying too. I was so sick of rum hunting by the time I was done with him. In fact, anyone who tells me my pieces of a quest instead of just telling me all around. Like;
"I need this from EITC ships."
Okay, done.
"Now I need THIS from EITC ships."
Damn it, why don't you just give me a list? :zn3lhg:

combatlizzy 06-27-2011 12:59 AM

When it comes to poker, I bluff & raise alot. Like stated by others, it is easier to get the NPC's to drop out if there are not other players at the table. And, you don't have to do it all in one pot.

Captain Seaford 06-28-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruisen2000 (Post 331143)
The most horrible and annoying quest is the Black Pearl Story Quest, where you get to Gunner and getting him rum.

First he tells you to sink like 20 Navy Colossus to get rum
Then he tells you to sink 20 more...
Then 20 more..
Then he tells you to sink ~20 Navy Predators
then 20 more..
and so on.....

Why can't he just tell us to sink everything he needs when you first talk to him, to make life easier?

I think the Poker quests are fine. I just go to Padres, and keep pressing "bet" until I win 500 gold, often losing ~ 50k gold in the process, but I can make that back at DH in like 10 minutes.
A good stratgy for Poker (after losing a few hundred thousand) is to keep pressing "raise" for the first 2 matches (won't work if there are other players). The NPC's often fold the first 2 time after pressing a few raises. Then exit game, relog, and repeat process.

I HATED this quest SO MUCH. However, the poker ones are the easiest...pfft.