Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marked Cards, Sunk Ships, and Fishing Tales (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   On-Land Ship Repair Confusion (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20408)

Malarkey 02-25-2011 03:15 AM

On-Land Ship Repair Confusion

I've been playing about a week, and am confused about something regarding the Ship Repair minigames which are on land. When someone else is playing beside me there is a yellow circle around the activity they're doing with their name labeled, and often I am unable to do all the tasks. How does this work? How does it affect the pay I get? It seems like I don't get all the pay.

Also, the game tip says the more ships you repair the more you get paid, but I'm not seeing that. My pay remains the same even after several games in a row, or until another player comes in and I get less.

Can someone please help me understand what's going on? Thanks!:bookishfj7:

Stephen O'Malley 02-25-2011 05:59 AM

I thought the repair on land was just to test it out, I didn't know you got paid. lol

Jim seapaine 02-25-2011 02:33 PM

strange...
very strange indeed...

leon blueshot 03-03-2011 07:44 AM

I think the faster you repair, the more gold you get.

Captain Jason 03-03-2011 11:24 PM

Sadly by the more you repair the more you earn they simply meant the more the gold adds up. Kinda disappointing

Panos 05-24-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malarkey (Post 300921)
Also, the game tip says the more ships you repair the more you get paid, but I'm not seeing that. My pay remains the same even after several games in a row, or until another player comes in and I get less.

So, wait! If I play with another pirate, we'll both get less gold?

That's very strange. I thought POTCO was encouraging us to work together in crews..

Solomon O 05-24-2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malarkey (Post 300921)
I've been playing about a week, and am confused about something regarding the Ship Repair minigames which are on land. When someone else is playing beside me there is a yellow circle around the activity they're doing with their name labeled, and often I am unable to do all the tasks. How does this work? How does it affect the pay I get? It seems like I don't get all the pay.

Can someone please help me understand what's going on? Thanks!:bookishfj7:

When your are playing ship repair on land, or sea for that matter, if somebody else joins you wont be able to do the activity they are doing. Even when they finished the activity you wont be able to do it until you start the next round. If they leave in the middle of an activity you should be able to start it. Same applies to them, they cant do your current activity.

When it comes to pay, it is usually narrowed down to your speed, but the amount you do is also factored. When somebody else joins you, they will get the pay for the activities they do, and you will get the pay for the activities you do (dont forget pay can go up with speed)

The game tip is a little misleading. They are implying that the more games you do the more pay you get, just like the more you loot, the more loot you get.
E.G.
1 round of Repair = 20 gold
2 rounds of Repair = 40 gold

There is also a glitch on ships where if somebody teleports off while other crew members are repairing the repair will get stuck. This will cause you not able to repair at all unless sunk or docked.

Does this clear it up a little? I hoped I helped