Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marked Cards, Sunk Ships, and Fishing Tales (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Fire Dragon (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17121)

Charles Darkwolf 09-10-2010 04:34 AM

Fire Dragon

Has anyone come across the Legendary fish, Fire Dragon yet? I have caught the rest of his pals, and I just need Mr. Dragon to complete my collection.

I've been fishing towards the coast of Padres, but have had no luck. A heads up on his whereabouts would be greatly appreciated!

Speedway Master 09-10-2010 04:59 AM

Well, fishing location doesnt seem to matter. As long as you're using a fishing boat and use a Legendary Lure, you should run into it eventually.

Is it just me, or do the same Legendary keep popping up consecutively?

Charles Darkwolf 09-10-2010 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedway Master (Post 251391)
Is it just me, or do the same Legendary keep popping up consecutively?

Yes! I've seen more than my share of Speedy Lou, and Glittering Girl. Plus if you go between Tortuga and Devil's Anvil, you can see Mossy Moses quite a bit as well!!

ruisen2000 09-10-2010 04:41 PM

I cant even find a legendary fish yet! you guys must be very lucky lol.
Does it drop anything special?
I also heard you have to get all the fish out of the way for legendary fish to ocme, is that true?

Charles Darkwolf 09-10-2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruisen2000 (Post 251472)
Does it drop anything special?
I also heard you have to get all the fish out of the way for legendary fish to ocme, is that true?

I think the best loot drop I received from a LF was a Holy Cutlass, which I think is useless. There has been times were they didn't leave me anything at all!

As for clearing out other fish first, I've had to do it. That's only because if you don't, you can't keep the lure in the water long enough to get a Legendary fish to show up.

Beorn 09-10-2010 11:47 PM

I've caught the Fire Dragon on test but not on live. I can post a screenshot if you want.

You don't have to clear out all of the other fish to catch a legendary. However, when a legendary comes all of the other fish clear out. There are little tricks to get the fish to leave your lure alone so that you can get it to the bottom.

stpehen 09-11-2010 01:13 AM

i've tried that, but the coelacanth keep taking my lure.

Beorn 09-11-2010 01:32 AM

As soon as the fish go after your lure, shown by the yellow question mark, give a jerk on your line (Click your mouse). This will scare them off. If you let the bigger fish bite your lure they will take it if you leave them be. You can only do that with the little fish. They will also ignore your lure while the sink lure skill is active. By using these two methods you can get your lure down to the bottom on almost every cast. Due to the fact that nobody is perfect, sometimes fish will bite your lure and then you may as well just reel them in.

Charles Darkwolf 09-11-2010 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beorn (Post 251556)
I've caught the Fire Dragon on test but not on live. I can post a screenshot if you want.

You don't need to post a screenshot, I'll take your word for it but I would like to know where you caught yours on test. You can probably catch it anywhere, but I would like to get a point of reference from people that have been lucky enough it catch him.

All I know, that I get sick of seeing Speedy Lou, Glittering Girl and Mossy Moses. It gets to the point that seeing Fogbell is a swell thing!

Charles Darkwolf 09-11-2010 05:07 PM

I finally seen Fire Dragon in between Port Royal, and Devil's Anvil and OMG is he tough!!!

I thought Mossy Moses was a nightmare, but trying to move Fire Dragon is like trying to move the Rocky Mountains! Needless to say the fight didn't last long, I didn't even get the chance to catch the handle before he ripped the lure from the line. :sadmh9:

christopher cannonskull 09-12-2010 12:39 AM

Ive caught all the legends But Fire Dragon Is a night mare ( thats probably the understatement of the year ) I saw him 3 time right beside Tormenta

Beorn 09-12-2010 12:51 AM

I caught him off of Padres but I'm pretty sure that any of them can show up anywhere.

Charles Darkwolf 09-12-2010 04:02 AM

I'm thinking about getting a hold of live chat tomorrow. I love a good challenge, but the way Mossy Moses and Fire Dragon is at the moment I feel is going to kill people's mice trying to catch these two.

I'm good at catching Moses and I think in time I probably could pull off a victory with Fire Dragon, but I feel the abuse put on my mouse is most definitely not good.

Plus, I find it hard to believe an 8 or 9 year old could catch these two fish. At least that's my feelings about it.

Tiberius Fireskull 09-12-2010 04:43 AM

I caught Glittering Girl today, and she was my first legendary fish. I have yet to catch any more. I really want to get Mossy Moses, grill him, then have him for dinner.... along with all those annoying tuna....

Jackfiresteel 09-12-2010 04:55 AM

Omg i hate those tuna!