Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ideas, Suggestions, and Rumors about POTCO (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Old Bodies (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28554)

katcrestrage 09-03-2011 09:22 PM

Old Bodies

Alright, I have took it upon myself to start a petition to have older body styles added back into the game. Let's make the rumor a reality! I've seen someone start this topic before, on another site. I wanna keep the list growing. Just add your pirates name, and your level in a reply to this thread. If they can bring back launcher due to high demand... they can bring back old body styles! :pirate_flag:

Captain Gas 09-03-2011 09:44 PM

Hate to rant, mate, but a similar petition was addressed to the Kraken as well. Unless you can get a petition from everyone in the game (which is HIGHLY unlikely) Pirates Online may not listen. But, they have been listening to the players lately. Besides, don't you like the new bodies? If it's still blocky, try changing your graphics settings.

katcrestrage 09-03-2011 09:59 PM

I hear ya Jack, and it's not because of the graphics. I didn't say get rid of the new, just simple add back the old bodies into the system. And if Disney is listening more on players feedback, maybe some should try the Kraken petition again. ANYTHING is possible.

Cannonfury 09-03-2011 10:20 PM

They changed the bodies for a reason....to detour people from being "attracted" to animated toons and begin dating in potco.

Captain Sharktooth 09-03-2011 10:46 PM

I would like to have them back, but then again I wouldn't... If you a pirate with an old body type it's a nice testament to how long you've been playing.

katcrestrage 09-03-2011 11:25 PM

Cannonfury - here is food for thought... then why haven't they cracked down on THAT specific issue? Just because they changed them, DIDN'T stop it from happening. Also - why get rid of that personal bubble we used to have?

Captain Sharktooth - I think it adds more individuality to us. Now some do want is back, some never even seen old bodies before. I was hoping more or less they would have both in the game :) But yes, you are right. It does distinguish us from the newer generation of pirates.

Cannonfury 09-04-2011 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Sharktooth (Post 347484)
I would like to have them back, but then again I wouldn't... If you a pirate with an old body type it's a nice testament to how long you've been playing.

I have 4 of them xD

Ice_Storm 09-04-2011 01:34 AM

Just want to throw this out there:

The old body shapes currently have some animation errors for some skills/actions/physics/etc.

They won't attempt to correct these problems with old bodies because they're more focused on the new shapes they have implemented.

They did warn us that there could be some animation glitches at the time they removed the old body shapes:

Quote:

Release Notes - April 7, 2010

Updates:

Due to player feedback the "classic" body shapes have been restored to those pirates who were originally created with them.

Please note: there may be subtle animation issues with these older pirate body types.
Then again, we've come a long way since that statement was typed....

katcrestrage 09-04-2011 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice_Storm (Post 347504)
Just want to throw this out there:

The old body shapes currently have some animation errors for some skills/actions/physics/etc.

They won't attempt to correct these problems with old bodies because they're more focused on the new shapes they have implemented.

They did warn us that there could be some animation glitches at the time they removed the old body shapes:

Then again, we've come a long way since that statement was typed....

Very very true. I'd have to look really carefully at my old body types. I haven't seen anything yet. But maybe in their patches they might have fixed it. Who knows, we don't get a lot of release notes, sometimes not at all, with each and every patch.

Ice_Storm 09-04-2011 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katcrestrage (Post 347506)
Very very true. I'd have to look really carefully at my old body types. I haven't seen anything yet. But maybe in their patches they might have fixed it. Who knows, we don't get a lot of release notes, sometimes not at all, with each and every patch.

What I've heard was that the old, small male body shapes had a animation glitch with the skill "Viper's Nest" via Dagger weapon. One of my friends told me that one update it made his character throw vipers all clumsy and what not and a patch or two after he said his character doesn't throw it so reckless as before.

That's the only glitch with old shapes I've heard about. Only with the smallest body though.

titanic95594 09-04-2011 03:38 AM

I say leave it as it is. It feels proud to have something that most players don't have.

Hookshot 09-04-2011 03:55 AM

Seems like a great idea, but highly unlikely to happen with Disney being.. well.. Disney.

Dark_Pixie 09-04-2011 11:07 AM

I prefer the old male body types to the new ones, but I really dislike the old female ones. I'm happy with the new body types, and they are also more realistic. I'm happy with the body types as they are, and I would hate for them to change again.

Platinum Pirate 02-19-2012 06:51 AM

Easy fix for this one. New feature: BODYBUILDING.

Nate Swordwalker 02-19-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Platinum Pirate (Post 365109)
Easy fix for this one. New feature: BODYBUILDING.

Step 1: Get grenade level to 20.
Step 2: Hold siege for a veeeeeeery long time.
Step 3: /flex

lolno bodybuilding.