Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   POTCO's Tips, Tactics, and Guides (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   How to Get a New D-Name (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24007)

James Bladefury 05-02-2011 03:01 AM

How to Get a New D-Name

Recently, there have been some questions in the Community on how to reset your D-Name, and change it. This can be accomplished by following this step by step process. (Remember to ask your parents before you go online, mates!)

Go to Pirates Online's Website
Go to Help on the left hand side
Click Contact Us
Enter Live Chat
Request to Reset Your D-Name
Confirm some of Your Personal Info
Go to Account Services
Click Manage Account
Enter Your Personal Information
Under Account Details, you should see D-Name: Guest ###
Type in your D-Name that you desire

*Within 1-2 days, visit account details again to see if your name was accepted.
If your D-Name was accepted, it should replace your current Guest ### in the game

~ James

Jello743 05-02-2011 03:08 AM

Omg you can change it!!!! I was stupid when I made mine. I put my old girlfriend's name in it lol Thank for telling me mate!

Captain Sharktooth 05-02-2011 03:14 AM

Thanks for sharing, James! This will help many people! :D

Rainbow Unicorn 05-02-2011 07:13 PM

Yeah, I had to go to live chat to get mine reset, but if you havent had your d-name for 90 days they won't reset it apparently.

Captain Hector 11-10-2011 06:15 AM

I changed mine like forever ago and i had no idea what a D name was! It was a very odd one, can't remember it. So now i'll change it! thx!
-Hector, ER Officer
-Capin Otter, PNC Recruit
-Seadog (i HOPE something else soon), SS member

Cannonfury 11-10-2011 06:24 AM

I changed mine years ago when I told live chat that I had used my high schools name, I did not know at the time that others would be able to see it.

Chalupa 11-10-2011 11:36 PM

Wow, I never knew this... Good information.

HammyTheSquirrel 11-15-2011 10:43 PM

I tried this, but they only said they don't do D-name changes. :(

Dark_Pixie 11-15-2011 11:35 PM

I think they would change d-names if you'd put personal info in it or it was offensive. I don't think they'd change d-names just because you want it changed. I guess it's because they want to prevent confusion and accidental friend deletion, but I don't think it's fair that you can't get a d-name change whenever you want...

HammyTheSquirrel 11-15-2011 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Pixie (Post 354631)
I think they would change d-names if you'd put personal info in it or it was offensive. I don't think they'd change d-names just because you want it changed. I guess it's because they want to prevent confusion and accidental friend deletion, but I don't think it's fair that you can't get a d-name change whenever you want...

Yeah... mine is kinda dumb. :laughks2:

Marry The Night 11-15-2011 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HammyTheSquirrel (Post 354621)
I tried this, but they only said they don't do D-name changes. :(

This is why I hate going into Live Chat; it's so awkward and they tend to contradict themselves.

I had my D-Name changed this past summer. There wasn't anything wrong with my D-Name other than it was an old nickname from middle school, and I wanted it changed to something newer. All I had to do was confirm my email and birthday and the Live Chat rep reset it.