Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Feedback (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Site Times are different from my real time (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35033)

Cannonfury 02-25-2012 07:18 PM

Site Times are different from my real time

How can I see the times correctly? When I just posted it says "last post by Cannonfury at 01:15 PM"......here it's 10:30 AM......

Wouldn't 1:15 PM, right now, be somewhere out in the ocean??

The times have always been different but I just never had the energy to post this till now...lol lazy xD

Nate Swordwalker 02-25-2012 07:29 PM

I've had this problem as long as I can remember... Certainly annoying.

Tia 02-25-2012 11:09 PM

I think that the forum administrator sets it to their time. Now that I think of it, they must live halfway across the world from me e_o

Lilys 02-26-2012 02:36 AM

You can change the time to your individual time zone by going to your user cp>> edit options>> scroll down to the date and time box and there is a drop down for setting time zones. As to the time being off here is a quote from Batleth..

Quote:

Ever since the US gov decided to change when day light savings time was in the US, the forum software has been slowly going off more and more from the actual time. Even if we reset it, it just continues to get off from the real time. This is yet another reason why we're looking to upgrade to the newest version of vB so that the time will finally stay where it should be.

Nick is looking into alternative ways to keep resetting the server's time to keep it accurrate.
Hope that helps..

Captain Jorden 02-26-2012 03:31 AM

I half to keep my time 3 hours ahead. But still its about 30min off.

Nate Swordwalker 02-26-2012 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilys (Post 365456)
You can change the time to your individual time zone by going to your user cp>> edit options>> scroll down to the date and time box and there is a drop down for setting time zones.

I've tried this multiple times, still has not fixed the issue.

Platinum Pirate 02-26-2012 04:21 AM

I have to use another time zone to be in sync with the forum's. That's the only work around worth using for now.

stevefrank 08-22-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannonfury (Post 365434)
How can I see the times correctly? When I just posted it says "last post by Cannonfury at 01:15 PM"......here it's 10:30 AM......

Wouldn't 1:15 PM, right now, be somewhere out in the ocean??

The times have always been different but I just never had the energy to post this till now...lol lazy xD

lol...you saying right...How can it's possible. i also check it...

Batleth 08-23-2012 12:30 PM

Moving the site to the new server, we no longer have this issue. If you have changed your time zone to get a more accurate time before, you'll need to change it back to your real time zone again.

:TopicClosed: