Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Feedback Archive (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   POF site problem in Firefox + Other (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32612)

Ice_Storm 12-18-2011 10:57 PM

POF site problem in Firefox + Other

I tried using the FireFox web browser to access piratesonlineforums.com and the header content bar doesn't align center to see all the tabbed links

(Home, Forums, Gallery, etc.)

Instead, the browser shifts the header bar to the right, I'd say about 30-40% right.

Is this a problem on your site's end or do you think Firefox just doesn't handle some of the html elements this site is declaring?

also...

I sure miss the time when POF would automatically "multi-quote" users' messages if you clicked the "Quote" button that contained 2 or more quotes in the following reply.

Now we have to press more buttons for the software to recognize to load more than 2 of more other's messages.

Why did it downgrade?

On a side note...

Is the main header image from the old Basic Access pirates online launcher with reduced real estate?

And did you guys use photoshop or used paint to place that snowman from a game-play screenshot and cut it so no white space is showing?

Also, how come the POF logo isn't "placed" ontop of where the flag states "Pirates of the Caribbean Online"?

I also noticed you guys used blurring methods to eliminate that text, as I can see some motion blur in it, still.

Tia 12-18-2011 11:02 PM

That only happens to me on my mobile device so i switched to mobile mode (for the out of line issue)
And multiquoting is a good thing to have, I personally think so at least.

Dark_Pixie 12-18-2011 11:15 PM

You notice too much. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice_Storm (Post 359422)
I tried using the FireFox web browser to access piratesonlineforums.com and the header content bar doesn't align center to see all the tabbed links

Instead, the browser shifts the header bar to the right, I'd say about 30-40% right.

Is this a problem on your site's end or do you think Firefox just doesn't handle some of the html elements this site is declaring?

I have this problem when using a handheld, like Tia. I use Firefox on my computer and I'm not experiencing any problems. Is your Firefox updated to the latest version?

Ice_Storm 12-18-2011 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Pixie (Post 359427)
You notice too much. :p

Yes, that is a trait of mine :D

Quote:

I have this problem when using a handheld, like Tia. I use Firefox on my computer and I'm not experiencing any problems. Is your Firefox updated to the latest version?
I only used Firefox for a speed, security and functionality test when I was accessing many sites, including POF.

I have already uninstalled the browser, so it's fine if it's fixed or not.

I use Opera anyway.

Cannonfury 12-19-2011 12:15 AM

download google chrome.....that is all, ty

Ice_Storm 12-19-2011 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannonfury (Post 359437)
download google chrome.....that is all, ty

Oh yeah, forgot to mention...

I also use Google Chrome beta and Canary versions.

Batleth 12-19-2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

also...

A few people get this happening to them from time to time. I've never been able to replicate or explain why this occures just for some people using FF or other browsers.
Quote:

I sure miss the time when POF would automatically "multi-quote" users' messages if you clicked the "Quote" button that contained 2 or more quotes in the following reply.

Now we have to press more buttons for the software to recognize to load more than 2 of more other's messages.

Why did it downgrade?

That was never a feature on threaded posts. Though it would do that on PM.

Quote:

On a side note...

Is the main header image from the old Basic Access pirates online launcher with reduced real estate?

Of which skin? We have several skins and they all different header images.

Quote:

And did you guys use photoshop or used paint to place that snowman from a game-play screenshot and cut it so no white space is showing?

I use photoshop, but I'm not sure what Nick uses when he creates skins and logos for the site.

Yes, I used photoshop to crop out the snowman from a screenshot on POTCO official site image they had of the snowman. Eliminated the extra using transparency background and added it to the logo.
Quote:

Also, how come the POF logo isn't "placed" ontop of where the flag states "Pirates of the Caribbean Online"?

Again, which skin?
Quote:

I also noticed you guys used blurring methods to eliminate that text, as I can see some motion blur in it, still.

Yes, I did use some blur as well as copy/paste method to get rid of the text that was originally on the header for the Jolly Roger's skin.

btw, Thanks for Dark Pixie's reminder, I've added Brig types of ships to our custom profiles as well as fixed so the light frigate image displayed properly on the about me section of profiles.

Ice_Storm 12-19-2011 10:15 PM

thx for your reply Batleth.

It cleared up all my questions :D

Littlebell 12-20-2011 12:42 AM

just for reference, i don't seem to have any issues with POF (or PHF for that matter) with Safari 5.1.2 on Mac OS X 10.7.2 (Lion). :bookishfj7:

Ice_Storm 12-21-2011 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlebell (Post 359502)
just for reference, i don't seem to have any issues with POF (or PHF for that matter) with Safari 5.1.2 on Mac OS X 10.7.2 (Lion). :bookishfj7:

Macs are something I just don't understand...

why do they over charge it over the Windows machines?

And, no, the " They are only 2% of the market " idea isn't a valid reason...

Oh, btw, this isn't a question, just thinking out loud :D

Ice_Storm 12-21-2011 04:45 AM

Batleth, I noticed that the "Message wait" thingy we get if we try to post 2 messages under 45 seconds; it says this at the 1 second mark:

" You cannot post a message yet. Try posting again in 1 seconds. "

1 seconds? Okay, I know its a small text error, but, when you get a chance, throw in the quick fix :D

Batleth 12-21-2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice_Storm (Post 359571)
Batleth, I noticed that the "Message wait" thingy we get if we try to post 2 messages under 45 seconds; it says this at the 1 second mark:

" You cannot post a message yet. Try posting again in 1 seconds. "

1 seconds? Okay, I know its a small text error, but, when you get a chance, throw in the quick fix :D

This is just a feature to hinder people from spamming. You have to wait 45 seconds between each post or you'll get a delay message. This is not a bug. It's to force people into taking time and consider their posts instead of just rapidly posting what just pops into their head and moving quickly on.

Dark_Pixie 12-21-2011 02:13 PM

I think he meant that it was saying '1 seconds' instead of '1 second'.

Batleth 12-21-2011 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Pixie (Post 359594)
I think he meant that it was saying '1 seconds' instead of '1 second'.

Thanks. Now that I actually have some coffee in me this morning, I see that..:laughks2:

Ice_Storm 12-21-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Batleth (Post 359596)
Thanks. Now that I actually have some coffee in me this morning, I see that..:laughks2:

np, it's something so small that whenever you get the chance, you can quickly fix this text error to say "second".