Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Polls & Surveys (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Ship Customization Additions? (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34829)

Captain Jason 02-18-2012 05:12 AM

Ship Customization Additions?

What (if anything) would you like to see added to ship customization most of all?

Platinum Pirate 02-18-2012 04:09 PM

Captain's Quarters

I had thought of choosing/ voting Other for all top five listed and for any that were not. But then I decided to choose the one thing that I am certain is going to happen some time soon. Well, it might be towards the end of this year. All depends how quick all these bugs tied to ship customization are fixed. So best to help them pinpoint where the problems lie as we all know.

Only the top two choices would be new. Both may happen. Cannons of the Deep mobile game had one of those ship upgrades which would be nice to see that game scrapped and those upgrades made available for our ships (i.e., cannons and figureheads; hulls already available). Among the prizes one would get were song sheets. No other way to win those unless POTCO creates another mini-game to win those or maybe the QAR could hand them out since they have this connection with Mermaids anyway. hehehe

Captain's Quarters would be entirely new and without question needs to added. Many pirates sent feedback long ago and POTCO has acknowledged this demand. In talking, by phone, to one of them, that was one idea I wanted seen done. It was a delight talking with [not at] the POTCO representative. He was playing the game and understood the importance of having it available. Among the many reasons, was having a second sea chest to double our Inventory. Where else would a pirate place his most prize possessions than on board his own ship? Even then many pirates knew that Inventory was too small in size. :12_1_138:

It is also the one place where we could fix up our quarters and invite our friends, guildmates, and yes, even Stowaways, to dine at the Captain's table. Even play card games nearby at another suitable table or at he same Captain's table. Heck, even have some Billiards, some Cue Sport that were played back then. Whether pirates actually did or not doesn't matter. All that matters is the fun we'll have playing them. Woot!

I could go on, but I'd rather have others chime in on what they would like to see with this choice as well. :SkullBullet1:

Captain Jorden 02-18-2012 06:58 PM

Other because, I was hoping to add sails, and add cannons, also Imagine how much it'll take to customize a SOTL. But I like the adding Captain's quarters

Slasher 02-20-2012 06:43 AM

I chose other, as it represents all of these.. As some friends of mine can tell when I rant about updates and such, I love uniqueness.. Its what makes us, well, unique. At the current state, pirate ships are different, but not at the unique level. The unique level for me would be all of those. But if I had to have one chosen for the first, I guess I would have to chose the Captains Quarters and Below Deck. The Captains Quarters would be great, and you could add more and more things to it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Platinum Pirate (Post 365018)
Captain's Quarters

Captain's Quarters would be entirely new and without question needs to added. Many pirates sent feedback long ago and POTCO has acknowledged this demand. In talking, by phone, to one of them, that was one idea I wanted seen done. It was a delight talking with [not at] the POTCO representative. He was playing the game and understood the importance of having it available. Among the many reasons, was having a second sea chest to double our Inventory. Where else would a pirate place his most prize possessions than on board his own ship? Even then many pirates knew that Inventory was too small in size. :12_1_138:

It is also the one place where we could fix up our quarters and invite our friends, guildmates, and yes, even Stowaways, to dine at the Captain's table. Even play card games nearby at another suitable table or at he same Captain's table. Heck, even have some Billiards, some Cue Sport that were played back then. Whether pirates actually did or not doesn't matter. All that matters is the fun we'll have playing them. Woot!

Basically he took the words outta my mouth. I would also like below deck for more cannons and a better look. Maybe, you could have props, like bottles or gunpowder and such, and put it down there. The inventory would be cool too. I need space, and that would be a great place to put it.

leo 02-22-2012 02:15 AM

I'm gonna predct the future... hold on i see something...almost there... 5 NEW EMBLEMS! I know i'm good.

Anyway,I would go for the top two being customizable cannons/cannon placement and captain's Quarters as long as lag doesn't increase.

Captain Sharktooth 02-22-2012 09:03 AM

I put "I don't care."

Lol, just give us something new.... at least until we all get bored of it in a fortnight.

Platinum Pirate 02-22-2012 03:47 PM

lol Sharktooth

The thing I wonder about having any room built inside a ship that we can walk in and do whatever is if it can really work. Not a problem on land whenever we enter/ exit a building, but at sea? Islands don't move.

We have been use to seeing pirates walk about on top of a ship's deck. And the only time we are inside a ship is when we fall through it after we killed those enemies on board a flag. Have to teleport to someone in order to get out but while swimming around in it you can see the gun ports and broadside cannons. From my standpoint, its easy to picture the below deck room. All sorts of items would be viewed and one could fire their cannon from there. I would think the lag would reduce for those pirates still experiencing problems when sailing. Being in a room like that would be easier for them since they use non-nVidia/ ATI graphic cards. There would also be spots to make repairs as well.

So, could it still work? It would be awful if not laughable to see certain glitches where these rooms pop in and out of these ships while sailing and cannoning. I wouldn't mind personally if that would be a known occurrence especially in Full Server or huge concentration of ships doing battle. As long as it works and it's not creating more server lag, I can live with it.

But still, can it work while the ship is moving? Can pirates enter/ exit without fail while the ship is moving? I personally believe Captain's Quarters are always locked and no one has access to it until Captain permits it. Can't let pirates play in there while the ship is under attack! lol, but Below Deck is good to leave open. It lets pirates use that area instead and maybe some sort of purchase allowing us to have more pirates on board would be added as well.

Crimson Rose 02-22-2012 04:36 PM

Being a student of history, and having written articles for several history magazines, I'm stuck with knowledge of the inaccuracy of these POTCO ships.

The brig is the largest ship? Howcome? Brigs were smaller ships, not used in a fleet, more often used for patrolling and in-shore work. Frigates were larger ships, the largest below a ship-of-the-line. In fact, they were actually rated as 6th-rate (the lowest rating) battleships, whereas brigs were not rated at all.

Frigates had three masts, not two. Further, I have never seen a picture of a sailing ship that looks anything like the POTCO frigate. It is unrealistic and frighteningly UGLY!

The Tally-Ho type warships are proper frigates, not ships-of-the-line. It might be interesting - but probably unrealistic for the Caribbean - if POTCO did actually include a proper 2-decker 64- or 74-gun ship of the line. Or even a 50-gun 5th-rate. Just as long as the pirates can't get their hands on them.

Crimson Rose

static156 02-23-2012 05:54 AM

Eh I don't sail much and really don't care but I think rips in the sails would be cool....

akamystic 03-02-2012 08:05 PM

Captains Quarters.....so long as it can be utilized to expand inventory and have other functions. :12_1_138:

HammyTheSquirrel 03-02-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akamystic (Post 365822)
Captains Quarters.....so long as it can be utilized to expand inventory and have other functions. :12_1_138:

Okay... if it expands inventory... then I'm all for Captain's Quarters! :buds: As long as I don't lose all of my stuff when I sink... @_@

Platinum Pirate 03-02-2012 08:24 PM

It goes with your ship. Just like when your ship sinks, its easily repaired. All things on it return. If we really wanted all things in Pirates to be accurate, then none of us could repair a sunk ship. We would have to buy one from scratch again.

So Inventory along with everything else we invested in our ship will remain intact after such an ill-fated moment happens.

andyspins 03-02-2012 08:53 PM

Captain's quarters!

Captain Jorden 03-03-2012 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Platinum Pirate (Post 365825)
It goes with your ship. Just like when your ship sinks, its easily repaired. All things on it return. If we really wanted all things in Pirates to be accurate, then none of us could repair a sunk ship. We would have to buy one from scratch again.

So Inventory along with everything else we invested in our ship will remain intact after such an ill-fated moment happens.

I would LOVE to see this happen!!! Seeing a fully upgraded ship gets sunk!:laughks2: Wait now what about privateering?:psmiley27:

Platinum Pirate 03-10-2012 05:47 PM

LOL funny how no one has replied to your jovial question Captain Jorden. Figured someone would have by now. Don't be shy people. Step right up and speak up!

My answer, of course, would be that none of us would be using our own ship. We would sail their ships and when they sink, all pirates on deck paid for damages.

And I have seen fully upgraded ships sink with a full crew. Captain thought he was great just because he owned one. rofl