Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Polls & Surveys (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Do you think they should make it easier to get materials? (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33705)

The Stealthy Pirate 01-29-2012 03:30 AM

Do you think they should make it easier to get materials?

Title says it all.

akamystic 01-29-2012 05:52 AM

I think there should be other methods of obtaining materials. Sailing for hours and hours to upgrade one ship to level 4 is....well quite boring in my opinion.

Nate Swordwalker 01-29-2012 06:01 AM

Didn't vote for either. I am kind of on each side. Yes, it can be quite boring if you are alone, not the best crew, but if you have a bunch of good friends it can be nice sailing with them. Plus I think people are better educated on how to act on a ship and work together with other pirates.

leo 01-29-2012 06:27 AM

I think it should remain the same concerning difficulty. I agree that it would be cool if there were multiple ways to get materials but making what we have now easier would just fasten the process therefore it would get boring faster. Remember that the fun part of everything is the process of achievement because once you achieve something, you can either think back of what you did or look at what you have achieved as you got nothing else to do.

Captain Sharktooth 01-29-2012 06:50 AM

I like it the way it is; it makes the game harder. People incessantly complain about how easy the game is and this gives us all a needed challenge.

Cannonfury 01-29-2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Sharktooth (Post 363031)
I like it the way it is; it makes the game harder. People incessantly complain about how easy the game is and this gives us all a needed challenge.

LOL I know really!? I love how people complain about how easy this game is then when potco puts something challenging in the game, people freak out o_O

Kale Grayhand 01-29-2012 08:25 PM

If you have a good captain and a good crew, sailing for materials can be really fun and besides, I've always liked hunters and warships for the challenge.

Rannulf 01-30-2012 02:59 AM

Lord Mouse hear me plea!

Do not dumb down, nor make it easier at sea to get materials.

Allow me to sell or trade my unused materials to the sick, lame, lazy and skilless for profit!

Absent trading I say ye must earn it!

As to the boring part, sail with me it is exciting, just takes about shy an hour to land with 12-19 rare.

spunkycat 02-03-2012 02:22 AM

I like a challenge, but it took me forever to get my first rare materials. :12_1_138:

Captain Jason 02-05-2012 04:36 AM

I don't care a whole lot one way or the other but I said yes, just because I agree with Aka, there should be some other ways to get materials, like loot.

Mia Lightning 02-05-2012 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akamystic (Post 363021)
I think there should be other methods of obtaining materials. Sailing for hours and hours to upgrade one ship to level 4 is....well quite boring in my opinion.

Boring huh? I'm gonna remember that.

Dark_Pixie 02-05-2012 02:10 PM

I like only sailing for materials, but having to get my ship to hunter status is quite ridiculous in my opinion. I think things should stay exactly the same way, except that there is a 50% chance of getting ship materials off more common ships (decreased chance if the ship level is low). I'm not the best sailor, but I'd really like to make my ship look nice.

HammyTheSquirrel 02-05-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Pixie (Post 363597)
I like only sailing for materials, but having to get my ship to hunter status is quite ridiculous in my opinion. I think things should stay exactly the same way, except that there is a 50% chance of getting ship materials off more common ships (decreased chance if the ship level is low). I'm not the best sailor, but I'd really like to make my ship look nice.

I agree with this... although you can still get materials from regular ships (I actually got some from a light sloop once... o_O), there is a VERY low chance of this happening. Maybe materials could also be available through side quests and Cannon Defense.

Platinum Pirate 02-05-2012 06:47 PM

LOL I like it; I love it; I want some more of it!

I voted N-O.

CarribeanThunder 02-07-2012 03:32 AM

I personally enjoy the fact that you have to sink Bountyhunters in order to get the materials. It gives them an actual use in fighting so that they're not just getting in your way when you're sailing.