Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Aft (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Snail's Paced Sailing... (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=878)

Amasette 05-20-2007 06:49 AM

Snail's Paced Sailing...

Does anyone else have a new problem--when you're sailing, you barely move? I used to go nice and speedily...a comfortable pace. Now it's like I'm in super thick molasses--hardly getting anywhere!

brammie2118 05-20-2007 09:52 AM

since the maintenance a lot of users can't logging, I get microsoft error all the time, and those who can log in get this, half ships, no map, etc...

IceSphere 05-20-2007 09:19 PM

It makes me think they built the game for a super high end computer, and said "OK, now let's just work backwards". How can they add an update that is worse than what they had?

I have the top 1/2 of my ship. I call it Stelth Mode. The navy ships don't seem to see me as well. But I did battle one all the way from the other side of the prison at Port Royal, and they were in the harbor.

Oh, I forgot... shift+w worked on my ship for a while... Now it just works for swimming... The first few times I couldn't stop...

No more rainbow stripes on the ship, just some oe the towns people...

Back to my rant... I wonder if the Deve's are just getting back at Disney for making them take all the glitches out of Toon Town, and making it no fun what so ever. They have been getting paid for something like 2 years for this project.

Bizneo 05-20-2007 11:17 PM

Aye, the lack o' updates and communication has me wonderin' what’s goin' on. Gar, Where can I find a bottle o'rum?

Ahoy, me know thin's be probably 'ery hectic for them, Aye.

Amasette 05-21-2007 12:28 AM

Hahaha...yes, very buggy indeed. I'm just happy to be a tester--it's my first time testing any games! It does get frustrating, but to me it's better than not being able to play at all. :)

monkeybugs 05-21-2007 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amasette (Post 7050)
Does anyone else have a new problem--when you're sailing, you barely move? I used to go nice and speedily...a comfortable pace. Now it's like I'm in super thick molasses--hardly getting anywhere!

seems no one answered this. Yes I have the same problem. It looks like the ship is not moving at all, but the islands get closer. Strange bug

crystalseeker 05-21-2007 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeybugs (Post 7105)
seems no one answered this. Yes I have the same problem. It looks like the ship is not moving at all, but the islands get closer. Strange bug

I've had the same problem. I use the Shift-W as autopilot now. The problem is that since there's no wake, when I turn it off, I never know whether I'm moving forward or not. I end up having to turn on the map just to double check that I'm still moving.

But I've also had the other problem. My frigate looks like it's half there and the broadsides don't seem to be working or at least hitting anything. But at least I can still log on, unlike some friends.

monkeybugs 05-21-2007 06:49 AM

I have all of those bugs, as well. Ship is half there, broadsides shoot up in the air and many others.

Pirate Funnymush 05-21-2007 12:06 PM

Have you guys tried creating a new pirate and see if those bugs are still there?
A lot of persons pirates have problems, like logging in. They made big changes in the latest pirates_1_0_8_0 release. Some of the graphics have been changed, like for the sea.

They might tell us to create new pirates. Have to wait and see what they latest release notes says, when the publish it.

Amasette 05-21-2007 03:30 PM

Thanks for answering, guys! Dumb question, perhaps--what's this Shift-W??? Autopilot?? How did you learn this? Is there actually a guide out there somewhere of which I am unaware?

brammie2118 05-21-2007 04:40 PM

When you open the game check the list with updates.

May 11, 2007 [pirates_1_0_7_0]

* Auto-sail and auto-run have been added. Press Shift-W to enable.

Pirate Rose 05-21-2007 07:56 PM

It looks like that too me also. Looks like the boat doesn't move, but that the islands come to you lol.

soeasilyamused 05-22-2007 08:36 PM

I noticed I was sailing slowly as well.... and then my boat disappeared and I was swimming halfway between Port Royal and Devil's Anvil. AND I wasn't getting anywhere when I was swimming. That sucked.

Another player's boat came up to me to see if I could board (I couldn't) and I could only see the inner structures of his boat.

Weird!