Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Computer Technical Support (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Runtime Error need serious help (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40286)

Sondra312 05-12-2013 10:23 PM

Runtime Error need serious help

Ok, I know this has been brought up probably hundreds of time but yet to find anything to help with it. I keep getting the runtime error every 30min - 1hr or so give to take I could be sailing, playing CD, or fighting it happens during everything. The POTC people said to update my windows or something and I did. This http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/...oid=2000044488 is the laptop I am using I just got it about 3 months ago now so I shouldn't be getting any runtime errors I don't think.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Bart Blueginty 05-13-2013 12:50 AM

Runtime errors usually occur due to unforeseen programming problems in applications that you might be using. These errors usually occur when certain conditions are true and were not actually detected and taken care of during the development of the application.

The error may occur when one of the following conditions is true:
  • Your application is not installed properly or the installation files are corrupt.
  • Certain required registry values are corrupt or missing.
  • Template objects, such as Normal.dot and Excel.xlb are corrupt.

Sondra312 05-13-2013 05:33 AM

Is there a way I can go about fixing it.

Elizabeth Trueskull 05-13-2013 09:02 PM

I would like to know this too as it happens to me and pretty much everyone I talk to in the game

Bart Blueginty 05-14-2013 09:08 AM

I'm not sure how to fix it, but from the information i gave i would probably say the fault lies within the programming itself. Thus it should really be down to disney to fix instead of them blaming our visual c++ or graphics card

Platinum Pirate 05-14-2013 11:53 AM

According to Microsoft,
"Runtime errors can occur if you are running two software programs that aren't compatible, if your computer has memory problems, or if the computer has been infected with malicious software."

Based on my experiences, its the second reason. At some point, the intensity of your non-stop game play will cause your OS to boot you.

Sondra312 05-15-2013 12:06 AM

Even when I just got this laptop I started getting the runtime error and haven't played anything on it before or even had other games on it yet but kept getting it. I could understand it on my old one because it was in serious need of a upgrade but this one is upgraded and up to date on everything. I tried uninstalling the game then reinstalling it but still does it. Just happened about 5 mins ago actually before coming on here.

I don't have anything else running while playing

Elizabeth Trueskull 05-16-2013 01:18 AM

I don't think it has anything to do with a malicious infection because like Sondra, I've heard about many others just getting new computers and it still does it. I think it's up to Disney to fix this, not us nor does it have something to do with our computers. It's getting ridiculous and frustrating.

Platinum Pirate 05-16-2013 03:40 AM

I might know what the problem is. Change the Graphics Option on your Launcher. Then launch the game. See if that works.

Elizabeth Trueskull 05-17-2013 05:56 AM

I tried that and I didn't get a runtime error but I still crashed.

seafox 05-17-2013 01:49 PM

You need to empty your cache file after each game session(or during if playing a long time)...if I svs I do it during at least once during a long svs run.....its been a known issue ...hmm...for years :)....

To empty the Disney cache file, I go to My Computer,,right-click C drive, open programs, scroll to Disney, open that...find Cache file....under edit, select all...under file choose delete..it will prompt you "....do you really want to delete 1700 items" or whatever yours is....say yes....this doesnt hurt anything- its freeing up game memory and helps remove corrupted files...you fill this cache up fast in potco....also when you do this note how many items you remove each time,,,the larger the number well you know you been sailing the briney seas a long, long time lol.....emptying the Disney cache file will decrease lag for lag sufferers as well.

good luck!