Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Archive (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Announcement ***POTCO Closing*** (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40383)

Cannonfury 08-20-2013 07:48 PM

*Announcement:POTCO Closing*

A sad day for pirates everywhere
Disney has announced they are shutting down pirates online on september 19th.

Avast there, mates!

Pirates of the Caribbean Online will be closing on September 19, 2013.

From now until September 19, 2013, ALL Pirates can log into Pirates Online and enjoy full Unlimited Access for free!

Here's what you need to know:

Pirates Online Unlimited Access Memberships are no longer available for purchase. All Pirates now play as Unlimited Access Members for free until Pirates Online's closing date.
As of August 20, 2013, paid Member accounts will no longer be charged a recurring payment for Pirates Online. Emails will be sent to all current paid Members with further information about Membership including refund details.
If you do not currently have a Pirates Online Unlimited Access Membership, there is no need to cancel your free account.
Any currently open in-game codes can still be redeemed in your Sea Chest until Pirates Online closes on September 19, 2013.
If you have questions regarding your billing or Pirates Online Membership, please contact us.
For additional information and details, please visit the Pirates Online Closing FAQs.

Keep a weather eye out on our Current News posts for all the festivities and swashbucklin' surprises sailing yer way during Pirates Online's final month!

http://piratesonline.go.com/#/closing.html

Bart Blueginty 08-20-2013 09:09 PM

So all the rumors were true then. :(

CYblade 08-20-2013 09:29 PM

It is a sad day indeed for all pirates everywhere. However, this pirate is still hopeful that another company would come, perhaps buy our beloved game, reinvest in fixing it and making it better. I know that was the case that happened with another Pirate game (Burning Seas).

I will make the most of this last month with my friends and guildsmate. I still have 2 more pirates close to noto 50. It's the friendships that I've made through the years that has made this a wonderful experience for me. That being said, I welcome my forum friends to join me in celebrating this grand adventure to the very last minute :pirate91:

Bart Blueginty 08-20-2013 09:30 PM

Petition now up on Facebook join today and invite your friends

Keep Pirates Online

MacIronhawk 08-20-2013 09:33 PM

It's sad to see POTCO and Toontown Online closing. I'll miss the games dearly, but neither of them ever had the attention by Disney they deserved. Unlimited potential wasted, but that doesn't change the fact that I have great memories of both.

ahoymate 08-20-2013 09:39 PM

I love both Toontown and POTCO. I'm so sad to see them go :(

Pirate Warrior Cat 08-20-2013 09:45 PM

So sad that both Toontown and POTCO are leaving us... :(

Platinum Pirate 08-20-2013 10:48 PM

They finally got their Infinity. They want all the kids who played their online games to now buy Infinity. They don't want their developers to waste any of their precious time with games that are no longer profitable let alone deal with other issues.

HaveAMagicalDay 08-21-2013 12:08 AM

It's quite sad to see the only MMORPG from Disney I play be gone, POTCO. It is also sad to see TT and PH go as well. I find it funny that only after two days since Disney Infinity is released they decide to close 3/4 of their MMORPG's...

Bart Blueginty 08-21-2013 12:21 AM

What TOONTOWN IS CLOSING?

Platinum Pirate 08-21-2013 12:29 AM

I'm not the least bit surprised. The way they wrote that Blog about why they were reducing the oceans to 15 was a red flag that most if not all did not find it bone chilling. The words, ' Moving Forward ' should have made that quite clear that it was something their boss intended on doing once Infinity debut. Yet, players wanted to believe that the game would still be around since there were two more Pirate films to come. Now ye know that their boss would rather those movie fans, especially the little ones, to buy a toy box set instead with those films.

I'd like to think they have to do this so they can bring back a better online version of Pirates, Toontown, and Pixie Hollow. Closing them now ends all existing Terms and Conditions. But, I'm no fool. It's over folks plain and simple.

Kraken Guard 08-21-2013 12:50 AM

They're closing Pirates, Toon Town and Pixie Hollow to make room for CLUB BLOODY PENGUIN!?

... I hope Club Penguin goes down. Maybe not now, but sometime down the road. What makes it any better than these games?

I'm sorry if I sound bitter, but...

... It's deja vu all over again. :(

HaveAMagicalDay 08-21-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraken Guard (Post 380090)
They're closing Pirates, Toon Town and Pixie Hollow to make room for CLUB BLOODY PENGUIN!?

... I hope Club Penguin goes down. Maybe not now, but sometime down the road. What makes it any better than these games?

I'm sorry if I sound bitter, but...

... It's deja vu all over again. :(

VMK: 2008
WoC: 2013
PH: 2013
TT: 2013
PO: 2013

Club Penguin: Never even made by Disney and they are making mobile apps for it.

Disney Infinity: Out for one day and they then throw everyone else under the bus.

Kraken Guard 08-21-2013 01:09 AM

What does WoC stand for?

EDIT: World of Cars?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Sea (Post 380091)
VMK: 2008
WoC: 2013
PH: 2013
TT: 2013
PO: 2013

Club Penguin: Never even made by Disney and they are making mobile apps for it.

Disney Infinity: Out for one day and they then throw everyone else under the bus.

Hold on one bloomin' minute: Club Penguin wasn't even made by Disney...?

:Pirate4::zu02ol:

... :(

SammyGamer 08-21-2013 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraken Guard (Post 380092)
What does WoC stand for?

EDIT: World of Cars?

Hold on one bloomin' minute: Club Penguin wasn't even made by Disney...?

:Pirate4::zu02ol:

... :(

No, I think at first it was called Penguin Chat.