Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Feedback Archive (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Will BSM affect me? (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27964)

Slasher 08-17-2011 06:59 AM

Will BSM affect me?

Ok, I guess I'm just paranoid, but I also like to help. Maybe sometimes it comes out in a Back Seat Modding way. But, if a mod has to change that, does that mean that I'm a "bad guy" now?

The Skirata Clan 08-17-2011 07:11 AM

Best way to help from what I have been told is to report using the report button on the right corner of the post. I don't think BSM makes you a bad guy. That's just my opinion, I am no Mod. Best thing you can do is PM a Mod/Admin about it.

akamystic 08-17-2011 01:01 PM

If you see something that clearly violates the forum guidelines, as TSC stated report it. We do our best to keep a close eye out .....but can't be everywhere all the time. Never take matters into your own hands and post something in response to the questionable violation as this can make you part of the issue.

Slasher 08-17-2011 08:27 PM

Well, I really don't know how to explain it. Is it considered back seat modding if you are just helping enforce rules for certain things, like Activities? I'm asking because yesterday, I was on a activity on the Activities sub form. Well, as we were playing, I found a post that didn't follow the game rules. It was fine regarding forum rules, but not the game rules we had in this thread. So, I posted that it wasn't right. Later, I checked on it, and found the part where I said it wasn't right was removed from the post for Back Seat Modding... I didn't really understand that.

The Skirata Clan 08-17-2011 10:47 PM

From my experience when something like that happens Slash, best thing is address the situation and PM an Admin/Mod about it.

Slasher 08-18-2011 12:10 AM

Alright. Will do next time. So just to set it straight, even if it is ok Forum Rules wise, but not ok in an activity, you should still tell a Admin/Mod?

Batleth 08-18-2011 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slasher (Post 344639)
Alright. Will do next time. So just to set it straight, even if it is ok Forum Rules wise, but not ok in an activity, you should still tell a Admin/Mod?

Yes, in situations like that, the mods will probably go in and delete the post not following the activity thread's rules to keep the game thread flowing as intended. So there's no need to say anything to another user about it. They may not take you just being helpful very well and start an argument in the thread. Rather they get upset with a mod than another user. We're used to it..lol.

Slasher 08-18-2011 02:56 AM

Ok, of course. I knew not to go to the player with it, that wouldn't end good some times..