Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   POTCO's Tips, Tactics, and Guides (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Invasions are confusing. help? (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30810)

enchantedgrace 11-06-2011 09:58 PM

Invasions are confusing. help?

Okay, I've done invasions before. but um, I just got back to Potco yesterday.. (have membership now) and invasions are so annoying.
I have read up about them, and looked at the invasions player guide.. but nothing really helped.
I haven't done an invasion in awhile, since the last time I played was like a year ago.
so I was just wondering.. how often do invasions come?
do invasions come in every district, or just some districts at a time?
**Will there be any invasions today or tonight?**
Are they random, or do they come like everyday.. or at a specific time or day?
I've asked people these questions before in game, but they always say idk.

From what I remember, I really liked doing invasions.. they are always so intense and fun. It really brings the pirates community together!
We are forced to work as a team, and that's what I love about it.

Thanks! - Grace

Cannonfury 11-06-2011 10:28 PM

they are random.

Captain Del 11-06-2011 10:46 PM

Invasions tend to occur on random days, though most often on the weekends. Once an invasion occurs there will usually be a two or three hour interval between them; for example, if there is an invasion at noon, there will either be another at 2 or 3, and then continue onward between these two different intervals.

Invasions occur on three different islands - Port Royal, Padres Del Fuego, and Tortuga. Whichever one the invasion lands on is usually random (though it is unlikely for two or three to occur on the same island on the same day) though when the warning for the invasion occurs (which is sent half an hour before the actual battle begins) it will specify which island.

If you want to find some people to do some invasions with, just post in the Crews and Mateys section looking for eager pirates. You can also message me, as I'd love to get the chance to meet and fight alongside you!

Happy pirating!

HammyTheSquirrel 11-06-2011 10:54 PM

Invasions are on all servers, and I have found recently that (at least during weekdays) invasions come at 6:30 pm EST and 9:30 pm EST (don't know the time of the next one after those... but Del pretty much summed it all up. ~_~ Hope that little bit of info kinda helped...

Chalupa 11-17-2011 11:48 PM

They are randomly occuring, although if there is an invasion you will get a notification at a time ending in :00 (like 9:00). So this means the invasions will be at times ending in :30 (like 9:30) Also, you should go on to a quiet or ideal server with lots of friends for success, Abassa and Andaba invasions are generally laggy and they lose anyways a good amount of the time.

Captain Hector 11-19-2011 07:35 AM

random, but i think at every server, just seconds or maybe minutes off of each other

Sarah Gold 04-12-2012 10:31 PM

Invasions are very random, they come at all different times. They happen on every server and what I like to do, is do an invasion on a quiet server first. Then go to Abassa and help out there. Abassa invasions tend to last longer so you can get more rep. The more enemies you kill, the better rep you get. This is my way of leveling quickly so try to do lots of invasions.

Crimson Rose 04-13-2012 12:46 AM

I often put my screen resolution on medium (from high) to combat the lag of having all those pirates together at one time for an invasion. Even that only seems to calm it to some extent.

I often stand in the middle of an invasion with my pistol out and take one shot at each creature I can see. All you have to do is wing it once to get full rep. You don't have to stay on it until it's "dead."

Invasions seem to be in proportion to the number of pirates waiting to greet them. Also, the larger the invasion, the longer it lasts as a general rule. They are on all servers simultaneously, and I often hop servers after an invasion has ended, hoping (and often succeeding) to find another one still on-going - usually on the more popular (and laggy) servers.

Invasions can be a good way to level up area effects such as staves and grenades.

Crimson Rose