Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dead Polly (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   What is your Favourite Ship Type? (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31192)

HammyTheSquirrel 11-14-2011 03:18 PM

What is your Favourite Ship Type?

Title says it all, mates. ;)

Rannulf 11-14-2011 06:52 PM

I love the War Brig. When I think pirate ship, I see a War Brig in me mind. With that said let me say this:

This update soon to hit live will forever change our game. I have experimented with the different upgrades and ship classes. I have some preferences now. For pure plunder runs, nothing beats a ship with the cargo upgrade. Have a big crew take a War Frigate, medium crew War Brig. Small crew War Galleon. Want to hit the fleet, fight hunters, svs very aggressively take a Copperhead to sea in a War Frigate or War Brig. Need to get to Tormenta real real fast. Do a streamline on a sloop or brig.

I can say one thing for sure there is no one ship class or upgrade path that is perfect. They all have there points. A good Cap'n and crew makes a ship dangerous, not the class, nor the upgrade path. Stay the course live lads it will hit soon!

akamystic 11-14-2011 07:11 PM

It all depends on what I'm doing. Since we can't own more than 3 ships (currently), I'm going to have a tough time deciding what to keep.

I love the War Galleon as it has the best broadsides. The War Frigate has a solid hull and front cannons. War Sloop is fast. The War Brig is a nice in between Galleon Frigate option. Uhhhhhh....tough call here.

I have a Brig on Test with level 3 Hull and it maneuvers very well. Ships miss more often as it turns quickly.

The truth is... I wish I could own them all. But that is not an option. So.... That being said, I really don't have a single favorite as I find them all useful.

This much I can tell you. Choose which ship to upgrade wisely as it gets extremely expensive. I'll upgrade a different ship for each Pirate.

Makeo 11-14-2011 10:04 PM

I like the brig, it has the same broads as a war gall, and almost the same cannons as a frig, its as fast as a sloop but not quite as maneuverable. plus, besides the galleon it is the most realistic ship in the game. As for upgrade paths I will have every lvl 4 upgrade except for FH, all on brigs, I've sailed a copperhead brig on test and it takes out warship no problem, not a single ship on live could do that, no matter the crew.

Chalupa 11-16-2011 02:31 AM

Although brigs are my second favorite, nothing tops sloops. They are extremely agile and fast so it makes dodging oncoming broadsides relatively easy. One main con of sloops though is that they don't have much armor nor cargo capacity.

CaptainMonkeys 11-16-2011 02:32 AM

Sloop shall stand as my favorite, even when Brigs come out to Live.

Makeo 11-16-2011 03:01 AM

I was always a galleon fan, but overall the brigs top the galleons, in armor, speed, cannons on deck and equal below deck. the only thing galleons have over brigs is cargo capacity, I might keep a galleon on another pirate for old times sake, but I'm having all brigs on my main.

Captain Hector 11-22-2011 07:33 AM

Haven't seen the Brigs yet, so i did Sloop. mainly WAR sloop xD.
I've always loved how fast they are, and War Sloops are good for SvS, not that I play it much :D