Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ideas, Suggestions, and Rumors about POTCO (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Suggestions for Potco? (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1724)

Trevinator 10-28-2007 08:26 PM

Suggestions for Potco?

Post your suggestions here...I would love to hear some of them.

livewire82 10-28-2007 09:02 PM

i have a suggestion for the guild system, i think there should be a option to allow guild masters and guild officers to leave notes for the other guild members to read, kinda like wow did with the mail box at the inn's but maybe with pirates we could have our own guild huts in which we can post info for the members or maybe even someplace on our ships... it would be great for our clan to leave our ventrilo info for our members, i know it's a long shot but i think it's a great idea..

Awesome_The Pirate 10-28-2007 10:25 PM

I think they should put some guild hangouts around for the guild member to hang around in.

Trevinator 10-29-2007 12:19 AM

I agree

The guild system has not really been useful at all. Whats the point unless they add more features for it. So yes I agree with you guys.

Owoooo 10-29-2007 12:32 AM

There should be shops where you can dress up your character with gold or "tickets" similar to Toontown. There should also be a ton more enemies. There wasn't enough even at it's first beta. And yes, the guild system needs to be updated as well.

HaveAMagicalDay 10-29-2007 01:20 AM

What about being able to keep our items, instead of trading it in automatically for gold? Then, trade it to other people, then leaving it from your inventory?

~Cpt.Sea

Trevinator 10-29-2007 03:15 AM

Trading

Honestly where is the trading?
The clothing should be on it's way..
The enemies, well there will probly be more. Im sure!

TopRamen 11-03-2007 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owoooo (Post 12445)
There should be shops where you can dress up your character with gold or "tickets" similar to Toontown.

/agree

Also, a group finding system, like most MMO's. Or at least /lfg!

For that matter, emotes!
And also, a couple different weapons from the beginning. I don't want all to be forced to just use the sword all the time.

Also, Cuba is too far away! :laughks2:

IMO, so far most of this game is just ok. The only thing that really makes it stand out and be awesome is the ship combat with crews. (now imagine a Star Wars MMO with Starship fighting like that...drool)

DKpirate 11-08-2007 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopRamen (Post 12914)
(now imagine a Star Wars MMO with Starship fighting like that...drool)

Funny you should mention that....I was thinking the same thing the other night. Space was one of my favorite parts of SWG, but really, you were better off in most cases flying a ship by yourself. I wish they would have found a way to make a ship that had a crew worth it.

My suggestions for POTC are:
1) continue to add content that crosses the barriers between land and sea;
2) add other items to loot;
3) add variety to the types of cutlasses, guns, daggers, etc.;
4) give players the opportunity to change their appearance in game;
5) allow customization for ships; and
6) add additional names for ships plus possessive forms for the first part of the ship name.

Trevinator 11-09-2007 04:26 AM

Dk

I am going to post your suggestions on thier website k.

EERaider 11-09-2007 04:34 AM

Enemies

I can guarantee more enemies. I'm a decent sailor, and a few shots and such, say they can be used agains: blah, blah, blah, and monsters. I bet ther'll be sea monsters that will be cool. Like seeing the kraken, that would put this game over the top. Off the charts. Amazing!!!!! Can't wait. I'll be waiting, after i finish the Black Pearl Quest this weekend about 70 percent done.
SO i'd say im close.

Chickee 11-09-2007 12:43 PM

I would like the doors to open when I walk up to them. I'm really tired of pressing the shift key.:turkey:

Vangelis 11-09-2007 12:46 PM

Agreed about the doors, especially the one where you are in jail and try to kick the door open, but it stops after one kick so you're stuck.... lolz

Arcc 11-11-2007 02:04 PM

A way to change your base clothing a look, when I made my guy, I did some things wrong that I want to change. Like the to change your skin and body you can go to the tatoo parlor and maybe add tatoos, and that tailor is how you get new clothes. (Why is the tailor in tortuga EVEN there? It doesn't do anything.)

ScurvyCory 11-11-2007 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chickee (Post 13894)
I would like the doors to open when I walk up to them. I'm really tired of pressing the shift key.:turkey:

Those are one of the best features dude. I get so annoyed in Toontown because it has that. You walk into a wall by accident, then you're in a building. Annoying.

I wish they would add more weapons. A actual rifle would be nice instead of a little flintock.