Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marked Cards, Sunk Ships, and Fishing Tales (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Where do you find the lengenary fish? (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17589)

Monorail Red 10-11-2010 06:08 PM

Where do you find the lengenary fish?

I've been looking for a while now and I not yet seen one. Just like the blue weapons. I know there out there but where?? Any help?

Many thanks.

Chimera Doll 10-11-2010 06:13 PM

I had trouble for a long time with legendary fish too!
What you do is cast out as far as you can and right when the lure hits the water do Sink Lure so it goes to the bottom quicker.
Let it hang there as much as possible and one will eventually come.

Tuefenhandel 10-12-2010 04:21 PM

Based on all the information available here, and on the main website page it shouldn't matter where you're fishing in order to find legendary fish. I've caught three so far, and had a few get away. A friend of mine told me to fish in front of Isla Perdida where the beach is, and that has been the place where I have found them.

Someone else told me Devil's Anvil is a good spot, but I didn't have any luck there.

Eliza Creststeel 10-12-2010 04:35 PM

Finding special weapons is not just a matter of where, its a lot of a matter of patience - you may have kill the same boss or baddie dozens and dozens of time.

I seem to find my best items when I'm in a crew, the larger the better.

Ancient Mariner 10-12-2010 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monorail Red (Post 263587)
I've been looking for a while now and I not yet seen one. Just like the blue weapons. I know there out there but where?? Any help?

Many thanks.

You can find them anywhere (with the correct lure) it doesn't matter what part of the ocean you are in. I have found them from out past Padres to Port Royal to Cuba it really didn't matter. Good Luck matey

WitchdoctorDan 10-14-2010 11:29 PM

Aye, are you mastered in fishing? That has been strangely absent from everyone's explanation. You must be mastered fishing, have master rod, and legendary lures. (Not to mention beau-keau patience) I've had enough of it, really. Ohhh, I get to hurt my hand trying to reel one in, for NO REWARD! Yay!*

*Sarcasm

Sith kinght pirate 10-14-2010 11:49 PM

well 1 can be caught only can be caught a a certain place ( the fire dragon)

near padres

JeffreyHookgrin 10-15-2010 12:02 AM

There is no special location for legendaries, even Fire Dragon. I hooked Fire Dragon off of Tortuga one day, I have heard of others hooking him at other locations.

The occurence of the fish is completely random and can happen anywhere.

You will have the best chance if you cast out all the way, use sink lure to get it down to the far right lower corner. Pull it up a little to where the rays of light meet the dark water. Use stall once or twice to get it to hang there a little longer. As soon as the lure has drifted to the left around 80 feet, pull it back up (might as well hook one of those annoying low lying fish that keep going after your lure) then throw it all the way out again.

If after 10 minutes of this you have not seen one, switch to a different location on the boat and keep trying.

Sith kinght pirate 10-15-2010 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffreyHookgrin (Post 265333)
There is no special location for legendaries, even Fire Dragon. I hooked Fire Dragon off of Tortuga one day, I have heard of others hooking him at other locations.

The occurence of the fish is completely random and can happen anywhere.

You will have the best chance if you cast out all the way, use sink lure to get it down to the far right lower corner. Pull it up a little to where the rays of light meet the dark water. Use stall once or twice to get it to hang there a little longer. As soon as the lure has drifted to the left around 80 feet, pull it back up (might as well hook one of those annoying low lying fish that keep going after your lure) then throw it all the way out again.

If after 10 minutes of this you have not seen one, switch to a different location on the boat and keep trying.

the wiki said they can be found only near padres.or was they r most often there?

WitchdoctorDan 10-15-2010 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sith kinght pirate (Post 265342)
the wiki said they can be found only near padres.or was they r most often there?

I hate to tell ya this, but that is Disney running it's mouth again. They have NOT coded in special locations for legendary fish, you can catch 'em anywhere, any kind, anytime. Sorry. Or maybe not sorry. Anyway, hope it helps somehow. :P

JeffreyHookgrin 10-15-2010 12:28 AM

The Caribbean, like anywhere else, is full of rumors. People had been saying that the best place to fish was off Raven's Cove. To prove to myself that this was just a rumor, I did all my fishing right there in the port of Tortuga, I did not even take the helm of the fishing boat. And I have seen all of the Legendaries there, at the same frequency that everyone else was finding them. It is completely random, with each type of Legendary having a different chance of appearing, so you see some more often than the others, Fire Dragon is the rarest. Is he less rare around Padres? That I don't know (hmm, a challenge! I will have to try it!), but you can catch each of them anywhere.

Monorail Red 10-15-2010 05:23 PM

Thanks to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eazeaz4 11-09-2010 02:39 PM

I hope that I am able to finaly have my rematch with Fire Dragon. I finally found him yesterday, but I never stood a chance! I wish the game was online right now so I could go get a Fishing Boat and go find the little devil. By the Way, If you look at the fishmasters story of Fire Dragon on Padres Del Fuego, he won't say anything. All he says is: "No, no I will not speak of it. Fuego Del Diablo is all I can tell you." And of course, your wondering what Fuego Del Diablo means. Well, it Fire of the Devil. =D How nice is that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffreyHookgrin (Post 265352)
The Caribbean, like anywhere else, is full of rumors. People had been saying that the best place to fish was off Raven's Cove. To prove to myself that this was just a rumor, I did all my fishing right there in the port of Tortuga, I did not even take the helm of the fishing boat. And I have seen all of the Legendaries there, at the same frequency that everyone else was finding them. It is completely random, with each type of Legendary having a different chance of appearing, so you see some more often than the others, Fire Dragon is the rarest. Is he less rare around Padres? That I don't know (hmm, a challenge! I will have to try it!), but you can catch each of them anywhere.

Aye mates. I think Jefery is right. The Carribean has always been full of rumors, and I doubt that is likely to ever change. So, fo everyone that is asking where to find certian Legendary Fish, and when to find them, I think the reality is, EVERY fish, can be found EVERY where. And at ANY given time. I do however believe in common fish sightings. One may right rarer than another, and one might be less rare at a certian time or place. But not counting any of that, I think everything is left to random. Like it always has been. Happy Fishing Mates! :piratewheelgo2:

Tiberius Fireskull 11-10-2010 12:32 AM

Is it just me, or are there more legendary fish now than there used to be? I lured in about 5 the other day, in about an hour, when I used to fish for two or so hours with not a bite. Anyone else notice this?

reccos99 11-12-2010 06:21 PM

I do think they are more frequent now.
Just yesterday, I caught Speedy Lou 3 times (once by Isla Perdida and twice by Padres del Fuego), Mossy Moses once (by Ravens Cove) and Fogbell once (by Ravens Cove) all within a couple of hours.
Did I have a lucky day? Sure...but when I told a guy on my boat about my third catch of Speedy Lou in the same day he mentioned that the day before he caught him twice in back to back casts. So take it for what it's worth.