Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Kraken ate my what? (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Oh no! (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30470)

CaptainSam 10-28-2011 09:47 PM

Oh no!

When Brigs come out, Galleons wont be used anymore!

Joshua Coalskull 10-28-2011 10:31 PM

Why? I don't see why they wouldn't.

Makeo 10-28-2011 11:03 PM

Galleons are hardly used as it is, the brig will take away the galleons broadsides, and customization will get rid of its cargo advantage, making its only advantage its price.

Stephen O'Malley 10-29-2011 12:00 AM

The only thing that'd make a War Galleon worth it is if it had greater cargo space. Be default, it only gets 2 extra spaces for loot compared with the Brig and Frigate, which isn't worth it when you have front weaknesses and slow speed. If default was say, maybe 24, THEN it'd be something I would consider.

HammyTheSquirrel 10-29-2011 12:07 AM

Well... I think it would probably be useful if you do a full cargo upgrade and therefore increase its cargo space and armor at the same time. :)

Robert Ironcastle 10-29-2011 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HammyTheSquirrel (Post 352649)
Well... I think it would probably be useful if you do a full cargo upgrade and therefore increase its cargo space and armor at the same time. :)

True,but you'd need the armor coz you aren't going anywhere fast.

Rannulf 10-29-2011 05:58 AM

I have a War Galleon on test with the cargo II upgrade. I carry 25 cargo. With good gunners aboard I rule the Hinterseas. I call her my Treasure Galleon! I will have cargo III soon, bet the cargo will be 30!

Captain Hector 11-15-2011 06:04 AM

Oh noes! I love my War Gall!

Chalupa 11-16-2011 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rannulf (Post 352674)
I have a War Galleon on test with the cargo II upgrade. I carry 25 cargo. With good gunners aboard I rule the Hinterseas. I call her my Treasure Galleon! I will have cargo III soon, bet the cargo will be 30!

That is true. If you have a good crew on a war galleon and you just park away from ships and have the people shoot at them from a distance with fury, you will suffer no damage and you will be able to hold 30 cargo once you upgrade to cargo III, plus increased armor.

Ice_Storm 11-16-2011 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chalupa (Post 354676)
That is true. If you have a good crew on a war galleon and you just park away from ships and have the people shoot at them from a distance with fury, you will suffer no damage and you will be able to hold 30 cargo once you upgrade to cargo III, plus increased armor.

Only 30 cargo?

There was a glitch that lets you surpass 80 cargo of loot.

Just like there was a glitch that allowed over 40+ people on a light sloop.

Not news to me, but glad they made it possible to get more than 18.

Can't wait to upgrade a War Brig.