Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   POTCO's Tips, Tactics, and Guides (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Help - been gone a while (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35259)

Rackat 03-23-2012 02:21 AM

Help - been gone a while

I haven't played in almost 2 years. Obviously there has been some changes. I am having difficulty understanding how to get to all of my weapons.

On my main it has all of the blade weapons and the doll. On my secondary it has the pistols and staff.

I can't seem to get to the other weapons at all. Is there something I am missing?

Nate Swordwalker 03-23-2012 02:30 AM

You have to go to an enemy, and loot. You will find weapons in your loot (loot pouches, loot chests, loot skull chests).

Rackat 03-23-2012 02:35 AM

So, even though I left as a level 40 with all items mastered, I have to find them again? Do I understand that right?

Nate Swordwalker 03-23-2012 02:41 AM

Hmm. This could be because when the new weapons came out, it reset your inventory. So just use the weapons you do have and you will find the weapons you already unlocked and mastered.

Rackat 03-23-2012 02:47 AM

Well, that bites. I'll give it a go and see what happens.

ruisen2000 03-23-2012 03:27 AM

The old weapons that you had will still be there. I remember the inventory can be opened with the I key, but it is in your sea chest as well.

With the new inventory, F5 and F6 has been disabled, so you can only switch between 4 weapons at once. If you want to use another weapon, you need to go to your inventory to equip it. In your inventory, the top 5 slots is the 4 current equiped weapon (and 1 sailing item) that you can access from F1-F4. The bottom 36 slots are your storage space (where your remaining items are).

If you want to use a weapon or item in your storage slots, you need to click it and drag it to 1 of your top 4 left slots. For sailing item, drag it to the 5th slot, which is the one on the right.

About the previous posts, they are not refering to your old weapons. With the inventory addition, there are now hundreds of different weapons to choose from, and they can be found from looting defeated enemies. Again, looted items can be found in the 36 storage slots.

Rackat 03-23-2012 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruisen2000 (Post 367168)
The old weapons that you had will still be there. I remember the inventory can be opened with the I key, but it is in your sea chest as well.

With the new inventory, F5 and F6 has been disabled, so you can only switch between 4 weapons at once. If you want to use another weapon, you need to go to your inventory to equip it. In your inventory, the top 5 slots is the 4 current equiped weapon (and 1 sailing item) that you can access from F1-F4. The bottom 36 slots are your storage space (where your remaining items are).

If you want to use a weapon or item in your storage slots, you need to click it and drag it to 1 of your top 4 left slots. For sailing item, drag it to the 5th slot, which is the one on the right.

About the previous posts, they are not refering to your old weapons. With the inventory addition, there are now hundreds of different weapons to choose from, and they can be found from looting defeated enemies. Again, looted items can be found in the 36 storage slots.

Thank you! I appreciate the information.

So they made it overly complicated for no apparent benefit?

Platinum Pirate 03-23-2012 03:52 AM

Welcome back to the Caribbean mate. I too was pretty much away for two years and came back recently to play on a regular basis. I'd be happy to help you with all that. I keep learning something new.

HammyTheSquirrel 03-23-2012 04:52 AM

I really joined the game after this update took place, but I can explain a little more about looting to you. ;) Basically, when you kill any enemy, a pouch, chest, or skull chest will drop where it just died. From these, you can find things from new weapons (you can't buy most weapons at a store) to new clothes, to just plain gold. The types of weapon include Crude, Common, Rare, Famed, and Legendary (Legendary being the rarest and best, and Crude being the most common and cheapest). The store weapons are basically useless after you've found new ones in loot.

I guess while I'm at it, I should mention that a very large number of the swords found are "Cursed". You can only find these swords after completing the new Raven's Cove Story Quest. The only places you can find cursed swords are on Isla Tormenta and Raven's Cove.

I don't know if that really made complete sense, but if you start exploring around the game again, you're likely to figure it out pretty quickly.

Crazypirate 03-23-2012 01:47 PM

They changed it to give you the ability to carry multiple kinds of the same weapon now and be able to change between them based and the bonuses you may need from the each weapon. Before you oculd only have one of each. If you finished the quest and got a new sword then your old sword was discarded and gone forever. They also added different kinds of each weapon 3 kinds of swords multiple kinds of guns and daggers and so on with a wide variety within each set that give a variety of bonuses and new skills.

Platinum Pirate 03-23-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazypirate (Post 367189)
They changed it to give you the ability to carry multiple kinds of the same weapon now and be able to change between them based and the bonuses you may need from the each weapon. Before you oculd only have one of each. If you finished the quest and got a new sword then your old sword was discarded and gone forever. They also added different kinds of each weapon 3 kinds of swords multiple kinds of guns and daggers and so on with a wide variety within each set that give a variety of bonuses and new skills.

That's right. I forgot about that. Whenever we completed a weapon quest, that upgrade replaced the older one. I do remember noticing that after the update happened, but forgot that very fact since. I never liked the look of that grand pistol. Glad to have sold it and kept the heavy tri-barrel. And how about that crude blunderbuss?!? Awesome.

Crimson Rose 03-23-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rackat (Post 367163)
Well, that bites. I'll give it a go and see what happens.

What an attitude! Think of it not as a problem but as a new challenge, something to make POTCO different, not just the same old thing.

Crimson Rose

Rackat 03-23-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Rose (Post 367195)
What an attitude! Think of it not as a problem but as a new challenge, something to make POTCO different, not just the same old thing.

Crimson Rose

Did you read the post I as responding to, or are you just chiming in to be chiming in?

Thanks for all the information everyone. I think I am getting the hang of it again.

Crimson Rose 03-24-2012 02:49 PM

Yes, I read your post. Perhaps I could have phrased it better. It seems most of us - including myself - are resistant to change, even when it's for the better.

I just thought you should see this as an opportunity and an improvement rather than a problem.

Crimson Rose

ruisen2000 03-24-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rackat (Post 367169)
Thank you! I appreciate the information.

So they made it overly complicated for no apparent benefit?

I wouldn't put it that way. Once you understand how it works, it really isn't complicated at all. Simplely click, drag and drop. Done. Whether if it has benefits depends on the player. I myself enjoyed fighting bosses for those exciting weapon drops, not know what you might get. Its something fun to work for, and using a variety of different weapons also makes combat much less dull for me.