Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ideas, Suggestions, and Rumors about POTCO (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   New update! New theories! (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35114)

Meg McBones 03-03-2012 08:20 PM

New update! New theories!

There has been a lot of talking and wonderings about the next update (most people think it's Aztec update) and I decided to post some of my old thoughts here from and old blog.
Quote:

I have been thinking for a while now.. Why has Disney not yet released the Kraken in POTCO.

Then i just go this idea.... What if all those things that have been showing up like Raven's Cove, Cursed Blades and the old Jolly's Invasions are part of something bigger? Like they had to make many smalled updates for the big one to come?

What if the Cursed Blades are the only weapons that will work on some new harder enemy's?

The level cap will be moved to 60?
Level cap for weapons will be increased with new abilities?
The Kraken eventually has to show up...
New story chapter that is about Davy Jones?
Will we meat all the persons from the movies, Beckett, Norrington, Davy Jones and more..
Sailing will be made more fun?
Where is Elizabeth Swann's father and what is taking him so long to get home?
Why did we release the Pearl and don't do anything with her?
Well.... Sailing was made more fun! ......Check! ^^
But what about all the other stuff?
What updates to you think are yet to come before the next story chapter?
Feel free to leave a comment in the box! :D

Captain Jorden 03-03-2012 09:15 PM

Great suggestions. I can predict, MY Several Predictions are in chronological order.

Several New islands
Movable Cannons
Another Story Quest
Lv raised to 75.
Singapore Island
Davy Jones Locker Island
New Story Quest
New Ship enemies
SOTL
Story Quest of Ship Customization.
Jolly's Island
New Invasion Enemies
Ship Parts Costumization
Be a navy, eitc, Undead, or pirate
New Story quests for Navy EITC or/and Undead people.

Most of these are what might come in the next several years.

The Evil Will Mcbain 03-03-2012 09:18 PM

I think that instead of raising the level cap, they should make more perks to actually being level 50.

blade1 03-03-2012 10:03 PM

I agree with the cap raise, but not to 75. I think 60 or at highest 65 would work better. The levels are already hard for some players to reach as it is. Imagine going from needing 65k rep to over 100k a level to get to 75. Would take a long, long time. Also, I have heard quite a few rumors of a new island. If they are indeed true, then im sure they will raise the max cap and have higher enemies to fight, but I wouldn't predict that many updates for this year.

Platinum Pirate 03-03-2012 11:06 PM

All depends what they outlined from the beginning. Some stuff were not delivered because of those technical issues. Have to keep in mind that POTCO wants to cast their net to a large variety of comps and bandwidths. Most people still can't afford to have gamer type comps. Most are ignorant of such basic tech knowledge. So the ideal game world can't be reached just yet.

Till then, these ideas must meet this criteria. A new island would work for instance. New items and enemies would work as would quests. But stuff like sea monsters? Not yet. I would think though those creatures would fit with a chapter two quest. But here's the thing: Do you want another layer of the stuff we're doing now? Or, do you want a new dynamic way of playing the game as we know it?

I would like a new dynamic way of playing the game.

Meg McBones 03-04-2012 06:48 PM

I kinda like the game as it is but I would like more things to do for max levels, and much more quests you can repeat! That would be awesome! :D

Kale Grayhand 03-04-2012 07:35 PM

I think we need more higher level quests you can do somewhere between levels 35 and 50 that offer lots of rep. Getting to the higher levels can be tedious without quest rep to help.

Crimson Rose 03-04-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kale Grayhand (Post 365977)
I think we need more higher level quests you can do somewhere between levels 35 and 50 that offer lots of rep. Getting to the higher levels can be tedious without quest rep to help.

Hear, hear!

Crimson Rose

Davy_Mcwrecker 03-04-2012 08:18 PM

We need new staves, maybe a new type of 'nades.
We can finaly wield powder kegs!!!

Chalupa 03-05-2012 01:11 AM

I'm pretty satisfied with where the game is now, but if I could choose some updates to come,

- New Islands
- Tougher land enemies and bosses
- New Story Quest

Captain Jason 03-05-2012 03:41 AM

Right now, I'm fairly happy with where the game is now, with ship customization and everything.

Although, while I did love the quest itself, Raven's Cove seemed pretty short. I easily completed it in a day with a mastered pirate, which was nothing compared to the first story quest. So maybe a new island or two, with a story quest to go with it, hopefully longer this time, and, much like the Raven's Cove quest, it could unlock a bunch of new types of staffs, which would satisfy a few of the most requested things for Disney to put in the game.

andyspins 03-07-2012 03:54 PM

I would LOVE a new Island, but also what would be really cool is more guild updates, like maybe a guild inventory, or a guild hall, etc.

Platinum Pirate 03-07-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyspins (Post 366176)
I would LOVE a new Island, but also what would be really cool is more guild updates, like maybe a guild inventory, or a guild hall, etc.

How exactly would a guild inventory work?

Meg McBones 03-07-2012 06:18 PM

You share clothes, weapons and potions with you guildmates? :D That would be awesome!

ruisen2000 03-07-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Platinum Pirate (Post 366199)

How exactly would a guild inventory work?

On another game I played, a guild inventory was where guildies could put stuff that they didn't need in there, and others that needed those items could take items out (5 max, only available to guildies that are above a certain rank)

Back to the original topic, I'm pretty excited about this island, although I hope it would look a little different from our current wild islands with a beach, and 1 or 2 trees.
I'm hoping for a real jungle or forests that actually has lots of trees.

Maybe we will get it with new staves update too :D