Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ideas, Suggestions, and Rumors about POTCO (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Some ideas... (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18228)

Chalupa 12-09-2010 05:36 AM

Some ideas...

I am making a big list of what I really think potco needs. Post if you agree or disagree with some of these ideas.

1. Ghost ships - similar looking to skeleton ships, orange and red glows, lvls 30-50
2. King sloop, galleon, and frigates - bigger and stronger than war ships

Tiberius Fireskull 12-09-2010 05:39 AM

I like it a lot, lot!

As for the ghost ships, they should only come out at night, similar to Rage Ghosts, and they should be around Raven's Cove... as for Broadsides, they should have a new one. Maybe something like glowing red orbs that do massive damage.

As for King ships, they should be similar to the old Goliath from the BP Boss Battle, maybe a bit smaller. Really powerful too.

Chalupa 12-09-2010 05:42 AM

Davy I'm liking the buil-ons the red orb thingies wud be cool along with night only!

SEAKING23 12-09-2010 07:47 PM

I love your ideas! how ever, I'd rather have new ships the new classes. but the idea of elite ships that only appear at night with broad sides that could sink war galleons in three broad sides is to awesome to put in words. the only problem is who they'd belong to. the ghost on ravens cove have no ships!

Barkjon 12-09-2010 08:00 PM

Good idea.

I'd personally like it if there was a lot more flagships out there. They rock.

Chalupa 12-09-2010 08:56 PM

3. Guild Islands - Just small islands that are guild only, buyable monsters and bosses if you want, that only GMs and Co-GMs are able to buy.
4. New Guild Ranks - Grunt, Member(starting rank), Cadet, Veteran, Junior Officer, Officer, Senior Officer, Captain, Pioneer Co-GM, GM. Up to 2 Co-GMs allowed, grunts are members who have a strike against them and such.
5. New Enemies - Need higher leveled Navy, such as a General lvl 40-46 or so, new undead that are higher levels, and EITC
6. New Wild Island - A small island with tough enemies (45+)
7. Kraken - We need this!
8. A More Civilized Cuba - A few more shops and a map in the compass

SEAKING23 12-09-2010 09:38 PM

I hope your suggestions come true mate.

Also, can you explain each of your guild ranks?

Dog Firestack 12-09-2010 10:09 PM

I have an idea to add to yours chalupa.

1. The curse of invasions. Jolly Roger curses a certain weapon/item/class for a wave making you unable to use it.

2. Generals inside invasions. A general is a super boss inside a certain wave. They have 75% defense and have two per wave. If you repel them the wave enemies will decrease. If you defeat both then the wave will be shorter, but will still be continuing.

3. Powder Kegs or Generals or enemies with Jolly! Follow me now! Means NOTHING!

I agree with you on every idea but the guild island. There would be too many islands and PRIVATE servers invented, it just WOULDN'T work unless you teleport to that guild server by a certain feature.

metal1081 12-09-2010 10:56 PM

Quote:

love your ideas! how ever, I'd rather have new ships the new classes. but the idea of elite ships that only appear at night with broad sides that could sink war galleons in three broad sides is to awesome to put in words. the only problem is who they'd belong to. the ghost on ravens cove have no ships!
perhaps the sailors who have died at sea wouldn't belong to anyone but themselves and their captains

Chalupa 01-02-2011 11:55 PM

9. New weapons with new skills. Some of my ideas were a club and maybe a trident an possibly a whip. I can easily imagine a pirate with a club. For trident, I can kind of picture pirates with them. They could make tridents voodoo and melée at same time. For whip, I can kind of picture pirates whipping enemies. Also they could add fists but those woulnt have levels, they would just correspond to your notoriety level.

Roger Sharkshot 01-03-2011 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dog Firestack (Post 280386)
I have an idea to add to yours chalupa.

1. The curse of invasions. Jolly Roger curses a certain weapon/item/class for a wave making you unable to use it.

2. Generals inside invasions. A general is a super boss inside a certain wave. They have 75% defense and have two per wave. If you repel them the wave enemies will decrease. If you defeat both then the wave will be shorter, but will still be continuing.

3. Powder Kegs or Generals or enemies with Jolly! Follow me now! Means NOTHING!

I agree with you on every idea but the guild island. There would be too many islands and PRIVATE servers invented, it just WOULDN'T work unless you teleport to that guild server by a certain feature.

Well for the guild island thing u you can go to them by clicking f then guild then guild options and if u have a guild island there could be a button that says teleport to guild island. So the ocean isn't full with them and they could be on a certain server or not and only officers or gm can invite other people that are not in guild to guild island. Great ideas chalupa u should send them to Disney

Pirate Guy 01-03-2011 04:39 AM

First I love these ideas. For the fists idea I have thought about this alot and here's what I have come up with:
Level 1 fist unlocks Right Jab
Level 3 fist unlocks strike ( A skill that is a striking motion )
Level 5 fist unlocks Left Jab
Level 8 Down-strike ( A motion where you bring down both fists on the enemy )
Level 12 fist unlocks Upper Cut
Level 13 fist unlocks Spin Stirke ( A motion where you spin in a circle with fists out [Like a sweep] )
Level 15 fist unlocks Fist O' Fury
Level 17 fist unlocks Smashing Stike ( A motion that smash's the enemy for alot of damage

These are just ideas tell me what you think!

SEAKING23 01-03-2011 05:20 AM

I dont no why someone would pay money to put mobsters on there islands!

Chalupa 01-03-2011 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pirate Guy (Post 286126)
First I love these ideas. For the fists idea I have thought about this alot and here's what I have come up with:
Level 1 fist unlocks Right Jab
Level 3 fist unlocks strike ( A skill that is a striking motion )
Level 5 fist unlocks Left Jab
Level 8 Down-strike ( A motion where you bring down both fists on the enemy )
Level 12 fist unlocks Upper Cut
Level 13 fist unlocks Spin Stirke ( A motion where you spin in a circle with fists out [Like a sweep] )
Level 15 fist unlocks Fist O' Fury
Level 17 fist unlocks Smashing Stike ( A motion that smash's the enemy for alot of damage

These are just ideas tell me what you think!

I think these are OK. the first thing to say is the levels of unlock are 1,2,4,6,8,10,12,14,17,20. Also, i think there would be too many skills if they added that on top of the current 6 and a club or something, but i do like the moves. Maybe they could be Nororiety related like so 1, 4, 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, 50, (75). The reason having 75 in parentheses is because you didnt make it and it is past cap but these are great ideas! I will send em in with mine and some others that have been posted in one big jumbo pack! :D
10. Notoriety cap increase - maybe to 60 and weapons are moved to anywhere inbetween 32-35. This would also be a good time to add in Club which could be unlocked at maybe lv15 and Trident which could be unlocked at either lv40 or lv50. But I am aware of notoriety cap increases should probably be held off until either around peoples April breaks or in late June to get people addicted for the summer :D

Pirate Guy 01-03-2011 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chalupa (Post 286225)
I think these are OK. the first thing to say is the levels of unlock are 1,2,4,6,8,10,12,14,17,20. Also, i think there would be too many skills if they added that on top of the current 6 and a club or something, but i do like the moves. Maybe they could be Nororiety related like so 1, 4, 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, 50, (75). The reason having 75 in parentheses is because you didnt make it and it is past cap but these are great ideas! I will send em in with mine and some others that have been posted in one big jumbo pack! :D
10. Notoriety cap increase - maybe to 60 and weapons are moved to anywhere inbetween 32-35. This would also be a good time to add in Club which could be unlocked at maybe lv15 and Trident which could be unlocked at either lv40 or lv50. But I am aware of notoriety cap increases should probably be held off until either around peoples April breaks or in late June to get people addicted for the summer :D

The problem with a huge notoriety cap raise is that for you and me its 10-20 levels but for a new Pirate who is thinking about playing sees the level 60 cap and thinks it's to hard so he quits but I think it would be ok. As for the trident that may be to graphic for this game.