Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Aft (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   sailing and firing cannon? (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=663)

ASuperStitch 04-25-2007 08:14 PM

sailing and firing cannon?

OK I am about to go nuts here.

There has to be a way to sail and then choose to battle a ship that I am missing.

The only way I know to switch from the helm of the ship to the cannon is to hit the tab key, wait an insufferable time for the lag to catch up, then click on a weapon such as the sword or gun. This releases you from the helm position and allows you to move to a cannon and click ctrl and be prepared then to fire the cannon. By then the ship I want to engage has moved quite a distance away and I have to follow the same method in reverse to get back to the helm and chase after him.

Surely there is a better way to get from the helm to the cannon. Or, can you fire the cannon while still steering the ship?

This is driving me crazy.

Help??!!

Are there game rules and ways to use stuff posted by Disney somewhere? Have they given us anything to tell us how things work or is it all just guesswork? If it is guesswork this is a sorry way to launch a new game and not many will keep an interest for long.

piratesahoy 04-25-2007 10:01 PM

I just hit the escape button to leave the helm or the cannons. Also, you right click on your mouse to fire your broadsides alongside a ship. that is how you get sailing points. good luck

WDWTigger72 04-25-2007 10:04 PM

You can actually just hit the "ESC" key to change from your sailing mode to cannon mode, although you still have to select a cannon to shoot from this is probably the fastest way. Additionally, When using the smaller ships like the light sloop you cannot fire your broadside cannons while in sailing mode since this option is not available. When you purchase a larger ship like the Light Galleon you have broadside cannons you can fire from while in sailing mode. If you have a larger ship (Light Galleon) right click while sailing by your enemy ship and select your left/right broadside cannon.

Pirate Funnymush 04-26-2007 02:12 AM

Good info. I was wondering about those broad side options. They just didn't seem to do anything for me. But considering I still have a light sloop, that is probably why they don't work.

I also use the ESC key to leave the helm and jump on the cannons. Also use it to leave the cannons and jump back to the helm.

ASuperStitch 04-26-2007 10:15 AM

thanks, but the problem I have is when I hit esc the game closes.

Pirate Funnymush 04-26-2007 11:16 AM

Well guess you do got a problem then. :D
Lets hope devs will fix it soon. In the mean time, I guess you'll just have to do what you been doing to switch between helm and cannons. :(

ASuperStitch 04-26-2007 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pirate Funnymush (Post 5522)
Well guess you do got a problem then. :D
Lets hope devs will fix it soon. In the mean time, I guess you'll just have to do what you been doing to switch between helm and cannons. :(

funny thing, I tried the esc key again this morning to move from the helm to the cannon and it did not close the game, first time it did not. Cool.

searage 04-26-2007 02:26 PM

the closing when you press ESC or ENTER is essentially random. unfortunately you have to keep pressing it to play and eventually it's gonna get you! :eek:

brammie2118 04-28-2007 02:06 PM

you can also click f1, f2, f3 or f4 to leave cannon etc. and to talk:

click the second skull below that ''chat window''

jadedstatik 04-28-2007 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASuperStitch (Post 5441)
If it is guesswork this is a sorry way to launch a new game and not many will keep an interest for long.

I would just like to remind you that this game is in beta TESTING and FREE.

soeasilyamused 05-07-2007 07:54 PM

He's entitled to an opinion. Yes, it's free, and yes, we're doing Disney a favor... but if this is what is going to be released... Yikes. It'd be a lot easier to beta if they had supplied some user guides instead of having us all trial-and-error everything.

I'm surprised they're allowing such a flawed beta. It seems like they'd just get flooded with bug reports. But then that's my humble opinion as well. :-)

It took me a while to figure out that "Esc" released me from the helm so I could go to the cannons, and vice versa, but thank the pirate gods I've never had the game close on me when I did it! O.O