Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Booted Booty! (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Are cursed blades REALLY rare? (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28127)

ruisen2000 08-20-2011 05:58 PM

Are cursed blades REALLY rare?

I completed my raven's cove story quest yesterday, got the quest to defeat el patron, and open his chest. I selected my cursed blade, then after dancing around on his ship with me friend, I went in to the mines to kill the 4 ghosts standing in a straight line.
After killing around 80 ghosts, I got nothing.

Today, I went to tormenta to kill the 4 guys in the treasure room for about an hour, then went to thrall room for about half an hour, and forget about famed and legendary cursed blades, yesterday and today combined, I haven't even found a rare cursed blade yet. :sadmh9: :sadmh9: :sadmh9: :sadmh9:

Captain Del 08-20-2011 06:05 PM

Finding a rare cursed blade is something you should credit yourself with, as often it's the case that rare Cursed Blades are harder to find than regular Famed weapons.

Of course, it comes with a pretty good reward. Even the "worst" of the cursed blades are still very good compared to most other weapons, so finding one will more than likely pay off for you. This is also the case why pulling out a Legendary Cursed Blade in front of somebody is such a shock for most people.

But, keep trying! It's all about luck and patience, so if you grab a few friends and head off for cursed waters you'll find one in no time :piratear:

Best of luck! Happy pirating!

akamystic 08-20-2011 07:32 PM

I agree Captain Del..... I've been on loot runs in both Ravens Cove and Tormenta for hours and found nothing. Other times I've logged in and hit the jackpot after killing a few enemies. It's always more fun with a small crew. We all hit each enemy at least once so everyone gets to cash in.

Slasher 08-21-2011 12:32 AM

Yeah, its just random. I don't think I had gotten a decent weapon in atleast a month or two. Now this week and I think the week before, I have gotten two Cursed Rare Blades and a Famed Sabre. So its just all on, well, randomness.. Some days you will have the best luck ever, others it will seem like that Rusty Cutlass wants you back. Just keep trying!

Jack Firehawk 08-21-2011 03:23 AM

Wow really..? i get a cursed blade maybe 2 times a day sometimes more, sometimes less...

Slasher 08-21-2011 05:33 AM

Well, I did have a time where I picked up most of my weapons. Now I'm kind of in a dry area. I just hadn't found my niche and where to do it. Idol Room in Raven's Cove is really nice.

Captain Sharktooth 08-21-2011 07:15 AM

You just gotta kill a ton of enemies, ruisen. Like anywhere from 500-700 a day, and you'll end up with one or two. Good luck!

ruisen2000 08-21-2011 05:07 PM

I guess I got spoiled by another game, lol, where the bosses ALWAYS drop a purple (which is the same as famed in POTCO) item.
Not used to grinding for stuff anymore. :laughks2:

Pirate Guy 08-21-2011 05:30 PM

I think they are, I once killed 1,400+ enemies ( all in the treasure room ) with no famed and one rare cursed. I think you should try harder, if you kill enemies for say 2 hours and I kill them for 5, there should have been a difference in results :D

Robert Ironcastle 08-21-2011 11:55 PM

I get rare cursed quite often.Once I had two doubles on consecutive days.