Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   POTCO Quests (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   I noticed something... interesting about clothing quests (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23581)

Captain C83 04-20-2011 01:20 AM

I noticed something... interesting about clothing quests

Has anyone else noticed that in each of the clothing quests, the female characters get less clothes than the men?

Why do you suppose this is? :psmiley35:

Marry The Night 04-20-2011 01:40 AM

Actually, we get the same quest clothes that guys do; the ***** just hasn't been updated will all female quest clothing yet.

The Skirata Clan 04-20-2011 01:42 AM

If anything I was under the impression that female pirates had more clothing items than male pirates.

Captain C83 04-20-2011 01:46 AM

Well, for some reason the wiki links aren't working but in at least one of the quests, the women are rewards 3 pieces of clothes while the men are rewarded SIX! Though it's possible over all women have more clothes. I noticed they seem to have more hats

Marry The Night 04-20-2011 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain C83 (Post 318689)
Well, for some reason the wiki links aren't working but in at least one of the quests, the women are rewards 3 pieces of clothes while the men are rewarded SIX! Though it's possible over all women have more clothes. I noticed they seem to have more hats

The quest you're referring to, I believe, is Clothing Fit For a Pirate. Like I said earlier, we (my main pirate is female) do get the same quest clothing as men; some of the ***** pages just haven't been updated with pictures. I've finished that quest and gotten all parts to it (shirt, pants and boots as well, which are missing from the site); not just the three shown on the *****. ;)

About the links not working: part of the URLs are censored. I assume this is so the ***** doesn't compete with Disney Online Worlds.

Hookshot 04-20-2011 03:51 AM

I know that we do get some "cooler" clothes than women pirates, but I don't think guys feel the same way about girls. Even though the girl pirates seem to be able to have less "accessories," I think that you girls get a great color variety, and especially from the peddlers.

Catherine Ironcutter 04-20-2011 06:23 AM

Plus, girls get the tall boots. Although the guys get those incredibly cool long vests.

I think it's same-same for both, although the girls do have better boots.

Tiberius Fireskull 04-20-2011 04:13 PM

I've always thought that female pirates got a larger variety than males... I DEMAND A CORSET! But really, I've always thought that there were more colorful clothes, more styles, etc. for girls. And although female pirates do get those nicer varieties and styles, I would agree that the clothes from the clothing quests are more suited for male pirates. Just my opinion though.

Speaking of clothes, I really want a Black Embellished Vest and a pair of Red Circus Breeches. o_O

richfireskull 04-21-2011 02:06 PM

I will never get that image out of me poor head Davy lol. I do like the variety for male and female as I have 2 female 2 male pirates like my info says...always got to dress them up right lol

Eliza Creststeel 04-21-2011 03:12 PM

Nice Davy... I really don't want to see you in a corset - (even if one of mine was big enough to fit you.) That's an image that would be burned into my brain in a painful fashion.

Davy_Mcwrecker 04-22-2011 04:18 AM

Plus, girls can buy shorts. Guys got one chance to buy them.
and they were brown - the color that looks ugly with everything, except brown!

Tiberius Fireskull 04-22-2011 06:13 AM

Actually Davy_, you just need to know what to wear. The brown shorts look good with Earthy colors such as greens, brows, some darker reds. And never wear it with long sleeves. Always be sleeveless or with a T-shirt kind of shirt. Puffy long shirts are okayish... what? I spend a lot of time carefully picking out my clothes! Just ask my guild... Dress for Success!

And I love how everyone reacted to me wanting that corset... hows this one look? *holds corset in front of body*

The Skirata Clan 04-22-2011 06:20 AM

Welcome to Beauty and Fashion tips! With your host Daaavy Fireeskull!

WeirdBeard 04-22-2011 01:24 PM

Can't girls "Color" their coats?

Eliza Creststeel 04-22-2011 03:38 PM

DAVY!

*snatches her rawhide corset back from him and stomps off.*

STAY OUT OF MY THINGS!