Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Booted Booty! (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Bad Luck to me (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24952)

Cabinwrecker 06-02-2011 11:30 PM

Bad Luck to me

Remember a few months ago when Pirates got that huge bug and Disney backed us up in time? Well I have a story to tell you.

We were looting that day on Outcast, I killed Devil Root and completed my Black Outfit by winnig a pair of Black Pants. I was thrilled! the next day Disney reset us back in time so I lost my Black Pants! I went straight to Devil Root on the day I won my pants back! I had to go on vaction said day so I left, still thrilled with winning my pants back! I return a week later to find Disney had reset us again costing me my black pants and shirt! since then, i have been looking for them. I won my shirt a few days ago but am still hunting for the pants. Just though i'd share the story.

HammyTheSquirrel 06-02-2011 11:33 PM

O_o That really sucks! I lost a few levels and tons of gold that week. *sigh* good luck with finding your pants! ;)

Cabinwrecker 06-02-2011 11:37 PM

Thank you!

Dog Gunmorgan 06-02-2011 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HammyTheSquirrel (Post 329553)
O_o That really sucks! I lost a few levels and tons of gold that week. *sigh* good luck with finding your pants! ;)

I'm sorry you lost you're clothes mate.. I can't resist pointing out how wrong it sounds to say "Good luck finding your pants!!!!!"

ruisen2000 06-02-2011 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog gunmorgan (Post 329558)
I can't resist pointing out how wrong it sounds to say "Good luck finding your pants!!!!!"

lol! :laughks2:

HammyTheSquirrel 06-02-2011 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog gunmorgan (Post 329558)
I'm sorry you lost you're clothes mate.. I can't resist pointing out how wrong it sounds to say "Good luck finding your pants!!!!!"

Was gonna point that out myself,... but I decided it would be better if someone else did. hehehe :laughks2:

Meg McBones 06-03-2011 12:11 AM

Well during that huge bug I mastered fishing. I had fished 3 legendary (including fire dragon) and the reseted :( Haven't got much legendary fishes since then... o.O

Stephen O'Malley 06-03-2011 12:20 AM

I can level with ye, mate. I lost a Blightfang Edge and Fullmoon Special Repeater on one of my pirates. Still have not recovered either and am still irked about losing both. Glad you finally found your pants though. :laughks2:

combatlizzy 06-03-2011 12:34 AM

Sorry to hear mates have lost weapons & clothing. I've heard of losing your shirt, but pants-Never! I lost about 5 levels of potions & fishing & if you know me at all-i'm not a fan of either. Finally mastered potions, but fishing is not on the top of me pirate list atm. But, mine were recoupable where as looted items are a completely different story.

Tiberius Fireskull 06-03-2011 04:32 AM

I lost a famed dagger in one of the resets, and a few friends/guildmates that I wasn't able to relocate. The resets were a pain, but trust me mate, they were needed. The game was extremely buggy while they were there. Anyway, good luck finding your pants! A pirate without pants is barely a pirate at all!

Dark_Pixie 06-03-2011 09:54 AM

I lost a couple of staff levels AND a character. But it wasn't as bad as my friend. She lost her mastered dagger and a whole notoriety level! But she did use Jack's Brew and got them back... then her game crashed at halfway through.

Sorry about your trousers mate! That is super bad luck. But you'll get them again soon, I just know it. ;)

Cabinwrecker 06-04-2011 05:04 AM

Thanks for the support! I wish you just buy black clothes but then there wouldn't be no desire to hunt for them

Harukantos 06-04-2011 08:23 AM

I lost my Thunderspine at the time. I was ready to kill the folks at POTCO... They claim they cannot return items lost due to data corruption. Sort of sad that they have a redeem code set up if it is just for useless knick knacks. From what I understand they have had resets before as well. Meaning that they are truly unprofessional when it comes to these things.

ruisen2000 06-04-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harukantos (Post 329756)
I lost my Thunderspine at the time. I was ready to kill the folks at POTCO... They claim they cannot return items lost due to data corruption. Sort of sad that they have a redeem code set up if it is just for useless knick knacks. From what I understand they have had resets before as well. Meaning that they are truly unprofessional when it comes to these things.

I wouldn't really blame it on "bad skills". I have recently taken up on webpage design class, and just a single page on a basic webpage has at least 10 pages of codes. Now look at the amount of pages on a webpage. Even webpages are so hard to design, with just some text and links on it. The game, with all the possibilities of things happening, would has millions of sets of codes (if its wrong, blame my teacher who told me that :laughks2:)

It would take years to look through them, and find the tiny remote location thats missing a few pieces of code.

Cabinwrecker 06-04-2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harukantos (Post 329756)

I wish you luck getting it back.