Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Booted Booty! (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   A Theory (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18412)

James 12-28-2010 08:38 PM

A Theory

After trying for many hours to get famed and legendary weapons, I've been pondering how to increase my chances of good loot and have come up with a rather interesting idea. Say, if one wanted to get the sword of el patron or some strong sword of that manner. They could make an account with only sword so that the only weapon drops they got were swords. At the same time, they would keep ammo full and tonics full so that these could not be part of what they get in the chest. This would leave only blades, cards, treasures, gold, and clothing to be given as loot. This means that there is a greater chance of getteing a good blade in a loot skull chest because it can't be filled up with ammo and other stuff. I was wondering if anyone here thinks that this would actually make a difference when searching for weapons. Do you think that full ammo and tonics would help at all?

Tiberius Fireskull 12-28-2010 08:42 PM

I actually never thought of that.... it actually might work.. it just might work... you would end up getting a lot of repeat famed, but I think it would work.

Chris Ironhawk 12-28-2010 08:49 PM

I think that that might actually work! Those are some excellent theories, mate! I look forward to the conclusion of this experiment.

~Chris Ironhawk

James 12-28-2010 08:54 PM

I have one unlimited access slot left so I think I'll try it out with my next character. On a side note, I found out that you can get throwing knives from Smasho even if you don't have dagger unlocked. Not sure if this is a new development though.

Captain Jason 12-29-2010 04:59 AM

No, it won't work. Trust me. Each skull chest is supposed to have at least one common weapon no matter what. Having some ammo in it doesn't change that. Skull chests usually have at least two weapons, usually rare.

James 01-07-2011 10:53 PM

Just thought of something else, it would probably help to not have any of those treasures such as the 9 rogues or navy decorations.

J.T. 01-07-2011 11:29 PM

Though, you will still find sailing items I believe; rams, charts, globes. Still, pretty good idea.

ruisen2000 01-08-2011 02:51 AM

I dont think it would work, without using guns, your kill speed will increase dramaticly. using guns, your kill speed may be about 10 secs for DH, but with swords, that would be about 30-40 secs. A lot less loot, skulls and chance of famed.

Stephen O'Malley 01-08-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruisen2000 (Post 287809)
I dont think it would work, without using guns, your kill speed will increase dramaticly. using guns, your kill speed may be about 10 secs for DH, but with swords, that would be about 30-40 secs. A lot less loot, skulls and chance of famed.

Not necessarily. I can kill DH with my sword in less than 60 seconds. Or better yet, I could just go to Abassa DH and kill him in less than 6 seconds.

Back on topic though, I'm pretty convinced that this wouldn't work and there would just be more filler (gold, clothes, common swords, etc.). I'm training a sword/dagger-only pirate at the moment, and this is what I have noticed.

Nate Raidhawk 01-09-2011 07:15 PM

Yes, this does work, James! I met a pirate in the mines on abassa and he had Patron, Behemoth, and World Eater. He only used dagger and sword. Not even a ship xD. This is why I made a sword/dagger only pirate too.

Nate Swordwalker 01-14-2011 04:08 AM

Interesting! I believe I thought of this some time back but never thought much of it. I am surprised it works! Maybe I will try it sometime. :)

Roger Sharkshot 01-14-2011 07:33 PM

Mh somebody must try this

Captain Sharktooth 01-14-2011 09:28 PM

Yeah somebody should, I really hope it could work, because... Well, I need better loot!

SEAKING23 01-14-2011 10:21 PM

I like to even out my weapons and skills, so i'm not going to try it. but nice theory!

Tom Shiprat 01-17-2011 11:20 PM

Nice theory! I was at dark testing the theory and I got a famed sabre! But the drops usually won't start until your around levels 15-18.