Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Old Tips, Tactics, and Guides (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Where is the best place to level Staff and Grenades? (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27054)

Buck Seahawk 07-29-2011 02:56 PM

Where is the best place to level Staff and Grenades?

I'm a lvl 43 with a lvl 26 staff and 25 grenade. I tried getting XP with both around Darkhart, but I wasn't very successful.

I also tried Raven Cove mine, but that only got me around 20-30 XP per kill...

What place would give me 40-70 XP per kill?

akamystic 07-29-2011 03:03 PM

I'd recommended 2 healers and a Boss.....or Tormenta.

Dark_Pixie 07-29-2011 03:19 PM

I mastered my grenades at Darkhart, and mastered my staff at Timothy. I would have mastered it at Darkhart as well, but there was someone there and I wanted to level alone. If you use the bug at Darkhart where he doesn't attack you and keeps his distance, staff and grenades won't be too hard to master. There's also quite a useful bug with grenades that, if you keep clicking the mouse button and mashing all the hotkeys for the grenade ammos, they'll be thrown about ten times quicker than without the bug. :) Hope that helps.

Captain Del 07-29-2011 03:34 PM

Looking at your levels, I first need to recommend you bring at least 1 healer.

Given your place, I would have to say that the Treasure Room in Tormenta (the room with all the gold and the four Seabeards/Mollusks) would be your best bet for both weapons. You may, however, also think about trying the bridge at Tormenta for staff (stand on one end, load flaming skull and fire away) or possibly even the center room with the six enemies for grenades. (Attune them all, run around and chuck grenades at them as you move.)

If you need a designated healer, just ask and I'm sure I or one of the other pirates around here could help you. Best of luck!

Nick The Titan 07-29-2011 04:06 PM

Hey Buck my suggestion is to go to Tormenta as Mystic and Del said i mastered my staff there and leveled my grenades most of the time.

Tiberius Fireskull 07-29-2011 04:37 PM

On my level 42, I train grenades solo at Darkhart and can usually get between 60 and 100 rep per kill, pretty good for grenades. The trick is to stand at the perfect distance between you and Darkhart, about the distance that a grenade would land when thrown from a slightly elevated angle. It takes a bit of practice, but after throwing some daggers, Darkhart will pull out his sword and won't attack. This helps out a lot for grenade leveling. Getting the distance takes some practice and you may need to shift around a bit so that he'll stop attacking.

As for staff, I would definitely do the bridge in Tormenta. Go to one end of it, charge a flaming skull, and blast it down the bridge, hitting most or all of the Kelpbrains and Brinescums there. Although for this, you definitely want a healer. Maybe bring a lower level friend who can level on the Flotsams and Spineskulls right next to you, so that they can get some rep and if they see your health drop, heal you.

Hope that helps! Happy Leveling!

Mr. Awesome 07-29-2011 06:08 PM

I went from level 15 Staff to level 30 Staff in the Thrall Room.

And I went from Grenade level 20 to 25 at Darkhart, and level 25 to 30 at Neban.

Hope this helps!

ruisen2000 08-02-2011 09:01 AM

I really wouldn't level a staff or grenade on a boss. In my opinion, you get a lot less XP that way.
I maxed both my staff and my grenade in the Hallway (with the 4 guys) in tormenta.
If your notoriety is level 48+, and your grenades are in the lv 25 ish, with max on siege and the grenade version of take aim , you can also try bombing the 4 guys in treasure room with Siege.

Also, there's a place with 4 ghosts lined up in a nice, straight line in the mines in rc that can provide you with some nice xp.
Don't look at the xp from an individual enemy, look at the overal XP you would get in 1 hour.

Pirate Guy 08-07-2011 06:13 PM

If you're trying to master grenades, keep the damage on them LOW. If the damage is higher it kills faster and gives a lot less rep. I suggest putting 1 on throw, long volley, Explosive and the rest of the skills, then put determination to 5 and siege charge to 5.
Also, the Southern Grave is where I have leveled up my staff very many times, if you have Burnt Staff you usually kill them in one-two Flaming Skulls, 20-30x4= 80-120 rep each round. If you can do that in less then a minute, think if you spent an hour there. ( same thing for Th Bridge in Tormenta )

John Wildcutter 08-11-2011 07:27 AM

Tormenta. Or the Cave of Lost Souls. Or Darkhart. Or Catacombs.